Pix4Dcapture - How to save project or mission in Pix4Dcapture iOS?

Is it possible to rename or delete a mission in Pix4dCapture? Seems to be an issue.

1 Like

@Clifton,

On iOS, you can delete a mission the following way:

1. TapĀ  PROJECT LIST.
  2. TapĀ  Select on the top right of the screen.Ā 
  3. Select the missions you want to delete.
  4. Tap the bin icon on the top left of the screen.
  5. Confirm.

However, it is not yet possible to rename a mission on iOS. I will forward your request as a suggestion to our product development team.

As mentioned by @Blaz just above, you could comment on our Product feedback topic, as it will make it easier for us to keep track of the comments.

Regards

When will the ios app include all the functionality of the android app? Specifically planning multiple missions under one project, for example an property larger than 450m x 650m requires multiple missions. There ios app is trash and useless without that. Thank you.Ā 

If I have to buy android please tell me.

1 Like

@Zephyr,

It is possible to plan large missions with the iOS app and use the multi-battery option that was implemented in the version 3.0.0.

To do so you simply:Ā 

• Plan your mission as you would normally
  • Pause the mission whenever you would like to swap the battery
  • hit ā€œGo Homeā€
  • Change Battery
  • Hit ā€œResumeā€

This way large missions can be flown without creating multiple missions in the project list.Ā 

Best,

Can we please get the renaming projects thing implemented. Would be a lot easier to keep track of things.

3 Likes

Is there still no way to upload a kml to IOS? My company just bought an iPad for the sole purpose of using it with pix4D to plan and fly missions. Based on our specific application, not being able to upload a kml to the phone makes the iPad essentially useless.Ā 

This problem could be somewhat mitigated if there was a way to import a mission from one phone to another or plan a mission on a desktop computer. however, neither of these options seem to exist either.Ā 

It seems to me that IOS should not be advertised as compatible if it is missing key features that exist in android.Ā 

Hi Aaron,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The feature to upload a kml file on the iOS version of Pix4Dcapture is not available at this time.
As you suggested, planning of mission on a desktop computer would solve the issue. This would be a good product suggestion. I will share this with our developerā€™s team. Any updates in the future would be shared through this page.

Best wishes.

How do I plan a mission on a desktop computer? I couldnā€™t figure that out either?

-Aaron

Hi Aaron,
You canā€™t plan a mission on a desktop computer. This feature is not available at this time. I said, I will forward this as a feature suggestion to our developer team so it might be included in the future development/improvement of the application.

1 Like

This lack of ability to upload a .kml file to Pix4D Capture iOS is disappointing. When is this going to be available? There is another way. That is to NOT use Pix4D Capture and use Map Pilot software. This software allows this capability. Its mainly disappointing because Pix4D Capture is inherently better software. To those who are reading and who are also disappointed, please continue requesting from the Pix4D team to pursue this capability. I read in another post that they would have this ā€œsoonā€ in 2017. Itā€™s now 2020. On what time scale does SOON mean? With the thousands of dollars weā€™ve all spent on Pix4D, it seems they should have listened to our requests by now. Iā€™m going to continue to keep asking and hope all Pix4D users who need iOS capabilities will do the same.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really excited about the pace and results Pix4d has achieved with Pix4d-mapper.
It is completely incomprehensible that they have not been able to fix these simple and highly requested features in pix4d-capture.
There are two main features missing and that should be easy to get into place.

1. It must be possible to name the projects also in the ios app.
  2. It must be possible to plan routes in advance and import the plans into the capture app.
    It is very disappointing that these simple things should take several years to implement.
    But Iā€™m still cheering on pix4d!
1 Like