Pix4Dcapture Base Imagery

I would be nice to have the option to either select Bing imagery or Google Earth imagery as the satellite view for planning missions. Where I’m from and work, many times the basemap satellite imagery is so poor on the Bing maps that it makes mission planning very troublesome. Google earth might not necessarily be better but at least it gives me another option to try and plan my missions more accurately.

I realize this might be troublesome with licensing but it would be a nice feature down the road.

1 Like

I agree - I am in NSW, Australia, and the satellite image is at least 3 years old. Landmarks in the paddock I am trying to survey have changed and I have had to guess the area I need to cover. Google maps is right up to date for our area.

This would be a huge improvement!

1 Like

Yes I agree also, I think just have the ability to choose if the Basemap is from google or another. What I would like also to see is the option to import a previous GEO .Tiff map that has been created from the same position. this then enables an easy comparison between the two created maps using the swipe feature in React. great for environmental use to check plant growth, erosion damage of a period of time.