Pix4d generate volume report

Hi Zendesk Admin,

I have the feeling that this is an automatic answer. Can you give me an real answer that this topic is on top of the pile of the development team ?

Thanks

Thanks a lot

Hi Gregory,
This is not our top priority right now . It is not planned for the next quarter. That beings said, such a feature cannot be expected before June 2020. I hope this is a bit more specific :slight_smile:
I understand you would like to have a date, but unfortunately, this is not something we can provide at this moment.

Hey Greg,

Try Drone Deploy.
You would think such a basic function as exporting a report would had been implemented at the very beginning of Pix4D.
I got tired of suggesting needed functions and made the switch to D.D.
A free trial - you wont look back.

Hi Jason and Gregory,

In Pix4D Cloud, it is possible to batch export the annotations and open them in Excel (this example is from Pix4Dbim’s Crane Camera Demo project):

In the example below, I saved 3 volume measurements which are stored in a CSV file (including the cut and fill values). The CSV file is versatile enough so that our users can open it in Excel, OpenOffice Calc etc.

You might also try Pix4Dreact, which offers the possibility of inserting measurements (distances and areas), which are nicely exported in a PDF report (with values), along with the orthomosaic. It does not include volumes unfortunately, but it might be used as a complementary product.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,
Teodora

Hi Teodora,

Thanks for the reply.

However, If you have for example 20 or more volumes that you calculate the volume, you export it and import it in Excel.
So now you have the volumes but how can we determine what stockpile for is ‘volume1’ - ‘Volume2’ ,… ? Is it possible that when you mark a stockpile and give that stockpile a number that the number also show up on the orthomosaic?

Hi Gregory,

Unfortunately, those markers will not get into the Excel table as spatially corresponding to the volumes they are intending to mark. They will be exported separately, without any relation to those volumes.

All I can tell you is that you:

a. Have the utmost freedom to rename each volume as you wish (see right side in the screenshot below).

b. Have the flexibility to export the volumes both as CSV and Shapefile/GeoJSON (these file formats preserve the spatial information). To know which volume is where, just check the Excel table along with the Pix4D Cloud or any other geospatial software that suits your needs by importing the Shapefile/GeoJSON, so that you can see the volumes directly on the map.

I hope this answered your question.

Best,
Teodora

Hi Teodora,

It was not really the answer that I expected :slight_smile: You say it’s possible but with a lot of detours: Import, export, rename, other software,…

Can you forget my question about the markers. Is it not possible to show the ‘description’ on the orthomosaic ? Now you see the 2D area, I think it’s not a big effort to change that into something else?

So we can have a list of all the volumes in Excel. And to show which volume is which stockpile we can use the description that is show on the polygon. Make a printscreen of that and we can combine those 2 for an overview of the site.

Kind regards,

200222 Primary Crusher.pdf (3.7 MB)

Do you want something like the report I just attached?

Hi Jason,

Yes indeed, that report looks perfect.

But this is from Dronedeploy… Now it should be the same in Pix4D :slight_smile:

Exactly.
That is why I switched to D.D.
I still have a lifetime license to Pix4d.
However since they started breaking their product up into modules like Autodesk does, I switched to D.D.
I have zero reason to use Pix anymore.
D.D does it all and then more, all from one platform.

A simple quantity report should had been implemented in Pix4d’s basic package from the get go.

All feedback is very welcome. This is why we have our Community! To understand our customers better. Keep posting your requests under the Feature Request category