pix4d command line - raycloud

We are trying to automate opening of Pix4D directly in rayCloud, is there a way to do that? On this article: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560329-How-to-use-the-command-line there aren’t any useful infos

Thanks

I am not aware of any other published command line parameters than what is listed in that article.  You will most likely need a scripting/mouse automation program if you want to get Pix4D startup to be something custom.

Hi nucleo and Adam,

The command line interface (CLI) of Pix4D Desktop is accessible to Pix4Dengine Server license holders. If you take a closer look, the article you mention was written for customers who possess a Pix4Dengine Server license, which is now the only license that grants access to the CLI. If you would like more information about this type of license, please contact our sales department at https://pix4d.com/contact/.

Note that the End User License Agreement has always prohibited customers from using the command line interface if they didn’t own an eligible license, but it was not actively enforced in the past. Since June 11, 2018, customers are no longer be able to access the CLI if they own a license to Pix4Dmapper, Pix4Dbim, and Pix4Dag.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I know about the licensing details but that doesn’t answer the question…

Apologies Adam, and thank you for your responsiveness. 

The available command line options are cited in the article mentioned by @nucleo. They allow creating and processing a project without having to open it. However, there is not possibility to customize the opening of the software.

@nucleo , could you give me some information about why you would like that as an option? What is the workflow you are trying to put in place?

Thanks for confirming Rhea :slight_smile:

We need a fast way to open a project directly on raycloud view in order to permit some actions performed by some teammates that are not involved in all the Pix4D chain

Solved with a PowerShell script that invoke Pix4D

Hey nucleo,

You are welcome to publish what you found so that others on the community can benefit.

Thanks for the explanation and confirming you found a workaround!

Below you can find simple code for Microsoft PowerShell for open a file with a forms that can be automated

OPEN FILE

Function Get-FileName($initialDirectory)
{
[System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName(“System.windows.forms”) | Out-Null

$OpenFileDialog = New-Object System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog
$OpenFileDialog.initialDirectory = $initialDirectory
$OpenFileDialog.filter = “P4D (*.p4d ‘’)| *.p4d”
$OpenFileDialog.ShowDialog() | Out-Null
$OpenFileDialog.filename
}

$inputfile = Get-FileName "C:\deafult\path"

#split to location and filename
$inputdir = $inputfile.Substring(0,$inputfile.lastIndexOf(‘'))
$inputfilename = $inputfile.Remove(0,$inputfile.lastIndexOf(’')+1)

set location for simple filename call

Set-Location $inputdir

Start-Process -FilePath “C:\Program Files\Pix4Dmapper\pix4dmapper.exe” -argument $inputfilename

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Hi, I’m finding a lot of these links are broken with the error “oops
You’re not authorized to access this page.
Take me back to the home page”

Is something wrong with our account?  Thanks!

Hi Jonathan, 

to access the latest documentation for the Pix4Dengine, I would recommend checking the following pages:

Let us know if this is what you were looking for and if you have any further questions. 

Best,