Orthomosaic error

Hi everyone!

Sometimes I have some problems with the generation of the orthomosaic when I select the  option “Resolution Automatic 2 x GSD”. The orthomosaic appears with some noise, but the problem is solved when I select the resolution automatic 1xGSD.

On the other hand, the same problem appears when I select the option “Custom” with some values of resolution, but not with other ones. 

Do you know why it happens and how can I fix it? 

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Indeed, what we can see looks quite odd… Did you try to check how the results look like in another third-party software, like for instance QGIS? To investigate if it is just a visual issue. Is it happening with other projects as well or only with this specific one? 

Thanks

Hi!

Actually it is not just a visual issue. The tif file appears with the same noise as in Pix4D, and it is happening with other project too.

Thanks

Hi,

OK, I see…

Can I ask you to submit a request to Pix4D Support? We would need more details to investigate the issue properly. 
Could you please send us the following?

▸ The quality report (.pdf format): …\project_name\1_initial\report\project_name_report.pdf (good and bad example)
▸ The project log file (text file): …\project_name\project_name.log
▸ The project file (.p4d): …\project_name.p4d
▸ Several screenshots (as you already did)
you can also link this community post as a referece.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

I will submit a request to Pix4D Support

Thank you so much

I am having exactly this issue. Orthomosaics created at 1x resolution are perfect. Orthomosaics created at other than 1x have this same issue. Is there a solution?

Hello Robert,

This is a known issue and it happens when the camera model is set to rolling shutter and the resolution of the DSM and orthmosaic os not “1x”.

There is no solution for now. 

Are you using rolling shutter? In case so, I would try to not use it. Even if you use a rolling shutter camera, the effect does not always appear so the recommendation is using the standard camera model by default.

This community post contains a lot of information on how to use it.

Thank you very much.