Merging Completely Processed Subprojects - Need to re-process?

I have a large project (8,000 images) that has been split into 15 sub projects of roughly 500 images each.  They have individually been processed completely (steps 1,2, and 3).

When doing a test merge of 4 of these subprojects, they only show step 1 “Initial Processing” as being processed once merged together.  Is it necessary to reprocess steps 2 and 3 for the merged project?  Is there a way to merge the subprojects and retain the processing in entirety?

The reason for splitting into such so many subprojects is that I don’t think my computer system can handle the processing of such a large project although it meets the minimun requirments of16 GB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive space.

Is there any way to avoid processing the entire project as one?

Thanks

Hi Kenji,

The merging workflow (learn more) consists in merging the results of step 1 only that you generated separately for each sub-projects. In other words, the results of steps 2 and 3 are lost and you will anyway have to process steps 2 and 3 for the final merged project.

Note that big projects require many computational resources but also the outputs are significantly large, meaning that sharing and using them in other third-party software or application will probably be a problem. This is something important to take into consideration.

An alternative would be to keep the results separated for each sub-projects, meaning that you will obtain several outputs, and use common GCPs to ensure they align correctly.

Hope it helps!