Measure the altitude , determine height

Hello everybody ,

I have made a 3d map of my plowed field and I want to determine the altitude of certain points of the field . I need accurate coordinates beside the DSM model of some points . And also ,can I measure the slope between  2 selected points.

Best regards

Hi, 

You can check the coordinates of a specific point of your field in the rayCloud view. Either you can select a pixel of the point cloud and check its coordinates on the right hand side as below: 

Or you could create a Manual Tie Point (MTP) at a specific point and then check its computed positions (once you have Process > Reoptimize the project):

As for the slope, you could use polylines (https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560309) to make measurements and deduce the slope from it, but there is no tool made to directly measure the slope. 

Hi,

Neither option gives you the ability to get the height for a SPECIFIC point, as in input some known coordinates, and obtain the computed altitude (Z).
Is there a way to do that?

The specific application is to find out if a point in project 1 @ time 0 has moved on z axis and by how much in project 2 @time 1.

Of course an option to export multiple desired points (MTP) from project 1 and from project 2 would be very helpful in order to to further process the values , but in MTP Manager the “export GCPs” button is greyed out.

Thank you,
Ciprian

Hello,
I think you might want to perform this task in a third party software. You will have more control over how you compare the points.