Mapbox basemap issue with older versions of Pix4D’s software

Pix4D software uses Mapbox as a basemap provider. Mapbox will shut down its Legacy Static tiles API as of November 1st, 2020. Hence, the current and previous version, which uses the older API will have issues with the basemap.

Additionally, due to some internal changes related to improved security, Mapbox is disabling some of its services on June 7, 2023. This will cause the PIX4Dmapper version lower than 4.6.0 to have issues. We do not know the full extent of this change and whether at least the open street map will work or not, but we assume that nothing will work.

Problem:

• No basemap/tile is displayed.

Solution

1. Update the software to the latest version here. Valid support and updates is required to update the software to the latest version. To renew the support and updates, visit How to renew Support and Updates.

2. Keep using the older version without basemap. There will be no impact on processing and delivering the results. However, the visual user experience will be lower and some operations may be harder to conduct.

Listed below are the software affected by the issue.

S.No Software Affected version Version with a fix Fix release date
1 Pix4Dmapper 4.6.1 or lower 4.6.2 or higher Nov 2, 2020
2 Pix4Dfields 1.7.0 or lower 1.7.1 or higher May 28, 2020
3 Pix4Dreact 1.1.0 or lower 1.1.1 or higher Mar 17, 2020
4. (Android) Pix4Dcapture 4.9.0 or lower 4.10 or higher Oct 26, 2020
1 Like

The new version 4.6.2 is horrific.

Taking me almost 5 minutes to rename a volume, goes unresponsive and then returns after 4-5 minutes.

Crashed to desktop 3 times in 20 minutes, been using 4.6.1 for a while with none of these issues.

1 Like

Hello @operations1,

This type of issue has not been reported by any other user. I believe this might be the issue of the graphics card on your device. I would definitely recommend you to update your graphic card. For more information, visit How to update the NVIDIA graphic card
If that doesn’t solve your issue, I recommend installing the newer version of Pix4Dmapper 4.6.3.

Estamos presentando el mismo inconveniente, quisiera saber si lograste solucionar tu problema, tus comentarios serian de gran ayuda.

Hello @clozano,

Below is the solution for the issue.

1. Update the software to the latest version here . Valid support and updates is required to update the software to the latest version. To renew the support and updates, visit How to renew Support and Updates .
  2. Keep using the older version without basemap. There will be no impact on processing and delivering the results. However, the visual user experience will be lower and some operations may be harder to conduct.