IOS Capture App Issues

Hi, I am trying to use the iPhone app with a P2V+ without much success. I have used an iPhone 4 with IOS 7 and now a new iPhone 6 with IOS 8.2. Both do not work. Mission setup works well however no stats from the P2V+ even though it says “Connected to Wifi”. This is while he is flying using the DJI Vision app. I have used my wife’s Android phone (while she is sleeping) with no issues and missions completed. Am I missing something? Malcolm, Auckland, NZ.

Hi Malcolm, I’m not sure about your specific case, but there are problems with the iOS app. If you look under the forum heading Synchronization, that is where most of the information can be found.

Hi Malcolm,

Please note that our application is only compatible with iOS 8.0 and above. However, as Kurtis mentioned there is a current issue with iOS 8.3. So if one of your device has iOS 8.2 we recommend NOT to upgrade to iOS 8.3 in the meanwhile that we fix the issue.

In the application the connection to the drone is made in two steps. First it will connect to the WiFi and then it will connect to the drone. You can only perform a mission once the app says “Connected to drone”.

If the application is failing to connect to the drone it could be for the following reasons:

Another device is also connected to the drone.
Make sure that no other devices are connected to the drone’s WiFi. If multiple devices are connected to the drone, it will only take commands from the first device that was connected.

Another application running on your device is connected to the drone’s camera, such as DJI Vision application.
Make sure to properly close all other drone’s apps that are running on your device.

The application didn’t get the SDK token.
The first time that you launch the app or after you have updated it, the application needs to verify DJI’s SDK token over the internet. Make sure that you are connected to internet the first time that you launch the app or after having installed a new version.

Regards,

Just downloaded the latest 2.1 version of Pix4D Capture on a iPad mini 4 running IOS 9.3.1. Flew a mission yesterday with the new app using the ‘fast’ option. Set the speed to normal with overlap of 70% 60m… Flew the first mission fine. On second mission the bird stayed on track but stopped taking pics after the first pass. Everything else seemed ok as it finished the mission and landed. When trying to fly the third mission the app would not upload the mission to the Phantom 3S. We tried rebooting everything, reconnecting to wifi. etc. Nothing seemed to work. The P3 had not trouble uploading missions from Litchi or the DJI Go App so it appears to be related to the Capture App. Anyone have a fix for this"

Hi Richard,

Did you have the opportunity to test the latest iOS version of the app?
These are the release notes (1.2.2): https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/209955403

Sometimes it takes a bit long to send the mission details to the drone through DJI SDK (what allows the communication between the two). It could also be that the takeoff check list is not refreshed so the error remains and prevents you to start but the mission is indeed uploaded. We would suggest to try the following:

• Press Cancel in the takeoff checklist, and then Next again, it will refresh the status.
  • Cancel the mission, and slightly adjust the grid, e.g. the size, in order to force the app to upload the mission again.
  • Restart the mission, meaning close the app, disconnect the mobile device, switch off the remote controller and the drone.
  • Uninstall Pix4Dcapture and reinstall the app.

Let us know how this goes.

Regards,