Georeferencing thermal imagery

Hi Pix4D families,

Can we georeference thermal imageries using Pix4D? I have 9 GCP points. The thermal sensor is a Zenmuse XT2 FLIR sensor. But I couldn’t figure out how to georeference the thermal imagery. I already georeferenced multispectral imageries using Pix4D.

Hello @fitsalem, You can georeference thermal imageries using PIX4Dmapper. The process is the same as other images(multispectral or RGB). The only thing that is most important is to have ground control that is visible on your raw images.

I don’t think the process is the same, can you send me the steps to do that? I couldn’t figure it out yet. I am using the “ThermoMAP camera” processing option.

Hello Fitsalem, The process of including the GCPs is the same as the RGB images. So, if you were using GCPs with an RGB camera, then it is the same. The only difference may be that the GCPs marker might not be clearly visible as in the RGB images. The process of including the GCPs is given below.

If you are having issues following the standard method, can you explain in detail what issue you are having?