Feature request: Point cloud colouring by intensity

Hello,

We have some pointclouds generated with UAV Lidar, and they are non-rgb pointclouds.
Pix4D survey would be great tool for surveying from these point clouds as well, but it would be helpful if non-rgb pointclouds could be coloured by other LAS attributes, namely intensity.

I would also like to color a pointcloud in greyscale by intensity when working with lidar pointclouds in Survey.

Working with uncolored pointclouds is very difficult when there is no rgb values and the points are simply displayed as black.
Coloring by intensity is a very common display scheme in pointcloud software.

Thank you for your feedback and request. I have shared it with our developers!

1 Like

Has this feature been made available yet? It pretty bad not being able to see intensity values. Makes it almost impossible to locate line marking.

Hi @danec,

Thank you for your feedback.
This feature is not available at the moment.

Can you please share more information about your use case and how it can be beneficial for you?
Feel free to share screenshots.

Cheers.

I use a Leica MS60 to scan surfaces like a road intersection. Usually just the intensity values are captured, not RGB, and it is still really easy to see things like line marking when viewing in Leica Infinity or other software like Cloud Compare. But if those intensity values aren’t included when importing to Pix4DSurvey, its impossible to see where line marking is. See attached examples.

1 Like

Thank you, @danec .

The images really show the difference.
I shared this feedback with the product team.

Even though we cannot guarantee that a solution will be implemented, I can assure you that every piece of feedback is internally evaluated at Pix4D.

Other community users can still vote for this request.

Daniele

Has there been any progress on implementing this feature? Surely it cant be that hard, every other software seems to be able to do it?

Intensity view is pretty critical for us who do anything with traffic lines, as well as identifying type of hardscape ( asphalt vs concrete), having this feature as well as being to draw arcs would save us massive amounts of headache while using PIX4D and keep us who need them from wanting to look for software that’s capable of those two features.

Hopefully these will implemented at some point as we have several jobs that could really take advantage of those features.
Thank you.

1 Like

Here’s a picture of RGB for comparison, sometimes with RGB the lines don’t come nearly as clearly as intensity and obviously in a solid color they are not shown at all.

Hi @rgiammona,

Welcome to the community :handshake: and thank you for sharing with us your use case.

Even though we cannot guarantee that a solution will be implemented, I can assure you that every piece of feedback is internally evaluated at Pix4D.

Cheers,
Daniele

1 Like