Fail to set homepoint when we are outside or limit to the mission

When a make a mission where my start point are in the limit
Or outside the midsion (but very near), the check list before fligh always give a error to set homePoint… And said there is not enought GPS for a good position. That’s a very big “bug” for me and at sure a error. Phatom 3 pro eith the latest version of firmware !

Hi Frederic,

Are you using Android or iOS?
A new iOS app was release on July 20th (1.3.2). The current Android app is 3.1.0.

The homepoint corresponds to the location where the drone is turned on. By default, the distance between the center of the grid and the homepoint should no exceed 150 meters for safety reasons. However, this limitation can be bypassed.
Let us know the OS so that we can better help.

Regards,

I am Frederic…

I use iOs… but not the version of July 20th. I will make the update.

But, sometime, we have to be outside the grid (water, obstacle, etc.) and over 150 meters of the  center.  How can we byPassed ?  The “homepoint” error is cause by this limitation, I’m pretty sure. (Because, no home point problem in DJI GO(.

Thanks

To bypass this safety limitation we suggest that you go: Home screen > Grid Mission > Settings > Ignore homepoint.
For more information, you can have a look at our manual if you need: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/204010419#label5

It should solve the problem :).

Regards,

We tried the other day to fly an area and our home point was at the end of the corridor we were going to fly.  This caused our home point to be more than 150m from the center of our mission.  We chose ignore homepoint, but it would still not allow us to fly.  We even restarted the drone(Phantom 4) and the app and the Ipad and we were still getting the same issue.

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Could it be that before starting the mission, the drone was further than 250 m anyway from the grid center?

This is a safety measure that you can simply bypass by manually taking off the drone and fly it to get closer to the grid center. Then you should be able to start the mission.

Regards,

Why the Donnie Frank comment’s have been deleted ?  It was very appropriate and resume as well our problem in large area (ex. Mining / Stock Pile in large area).

Thanks

Hi Frederic,

We did not delete the comment, actually it looks like it is empty.
Do you remember that the user wrote something under this forum post or maybe somewhere else?
Perhaps the user removed it on his side.

Regards,