Effects of template choice

Hi, can someone explain to me the effect of choosing a certain template when setting up a project; specifically, does the template choice change anything other than the user-defined settings. For example, if I choose 3D maps for one project and Ag modified RGB for another project, then manually choose identical settings for both projects–are those projects the same? Does choosing or loading a template change the process inside Pix4D’s photogrammetry black box?

Thanks!

Hi sunding,
Choosing a certain template it will correspond to a certain set of user-defined settings. Yes, if you manually choose identical settings as a template then it is exactly the same. Ultimately, it is the same processing engine underneath the hood regardless of what template or settings you use. The settings simply tell the software how to match keypoints, calibrate cameras, define outputs, etc. Most of the time the templates work just fine however there are times when customizing the settings are necessary. For example, if you have a very complex project then you might want to fine tune some of the settings in order to achieve the best results.

As I thought–just wanted to make sure. Thanks very much for the reply.

Like I said, the templates work for the majority of projects. However if you have some trouble with a project you can contact support and we can make suggestions if some of the processing options need adjustment.