DXF annotation export removed?

Has DXF annotation export been removed? This was a major function that was used by all of my clients and something that they are requesting be put back?

When did this get removed? And what is the reasoning for it?

Any insight into this would be appreciated. Is this now only a feature in pix4d cloud advanced? It still shows on your documents that this is a feature so am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi @joelwhitlock98,

Thank you very much for sharing the screenshot.

No, DXF annotation export has not been removed. It should still be there ready and waiting for you, which makes the screenshot you shared so surprising.

Nevertheless, even though DXF annotation export is expected to be there, I found that i was also not able to export DXF annotations from a dataset with a mobile device. The unexpected behavior has been shared with the product team to be triaged as soon as possible.

In the meantime, one known workaround is to export DXF annotations from a dataset with a laptop or desktop computer. Depending on the size and resolution of your mobile device’s screen, you may also find that you can export DXF annotations by changing your web browser’s settings to display the Desktop site instead of the mobile device page.

You can count on us to post another update here as soon as possible after we have more information to share.

Thanks again for sharing the screenshot and for your patience.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the swift response, I have tried 3 devices so far 1 laptop, 1 desktop and 1 mobile and I seem to have lost this function on all of them.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Hi @joelwhitlock98,

Thanks for sharing the additional information.

1. Please make sure you are accessing the dataset as its owner by going to PIX4Dcloud, logging in with the same Pix4D account you used to create the dataset, finding the dataset, and opening it. In the handful of tests I’ve done so far, the DXF export option was more likely to be missing when accessing the dataset as a guest with one of the dataset’s share links.

2. In an effort to keep you moving, a DXF copy of the one line annotation of the PIX4Dcloud dataset you showed in your screenshot is waiting for you at here. It can only be accessed by logging in with the same username you used to create the PIX4Dcloud dataset.

You can count on us to share more information with you as soon as possible. I’m sorry for the trouble.

Please let us know in the meantime if you make any other observations that may contribute to the investigation.

Hi @joelwhitlock98,

We haven’t been able to replicate the unexpected behavior with other PIX4Dcloud datasets, so it appears that it case of the missing DXF annotation export is isolated to the PIX4Dcloud dataset you shared a screenshot of.

With that in mind, in an effort to get you back on track, a copy of the reconstructions from the original PIX4Dcloud dataset was added to a brand new PIX4Dcloud dataset. That new PIX4Dcloud dataset is waiting for you at PIX4Dcloud, and its name ends with ... - Pix4D support.

Please add the same line annotation and any other annotations you like to the dataset and then try to export the annotations as a DXF. We expect that the DXF format will appear in the annotations export list, but we won’t know for sure until you’ve tried it yourself.

Once you’ve done that, please let us know the outcome. If things do not go according to plan, please share the following information so we can continue the investigation:

1. A screenshot of what you saw when you first noticed that things were not going according to plan.
  2. A copy of the web browser’s console history. To do so, in Google Chrome, open Developer Tools, click Console, right-click, click Save as, and save the log file.

Looking forward to hearing from you.