annotations bug between pix4dfeilds and cloud

Hi,
I made some annotations in Pix4Dfields, and export to save.
Then I import it to cloud.
The cloud only show the icons in the locations,
all the names of annotations are lost.
The colors are lost.

In the software

In the cloud

Hello Sam,

Thanks for your feedback and your patience. I notified the team about this on a previous ticket. As you said, annotations’ names and colors are lost when importing them from Pix4Dfields to Pix4Dcloud.

A workaround will be to change the name and color directly on Pix4Dcloud or the following:

Before uploading the geojson file to Pix4Dcloud. Could you please open the file with a text or code editor such as Notepad ++ and change the word “title” to “name”? Please save your file and upload it to Pix4Dcloud.

After doing this, you will be able to see the name of the feature on Pix4Dcloud. However, the name of the annotations will not be visible as in Pix4Dfields. Instead, they are going to be on the right side, as you can see on the screenshot.

About the color, Pix4Dfields and Pix4Dcloud use another way to write the colors. You can also change them by changing the GeoJSon file instead of using the RGB format you can change to the hexadecimal format.

Hope this information can help you to further continue with your projects.

Let us know if you have any questions,
Best,

Wow.
If your own products are not compatible, what do you expect?

Unbelievable, even this shoulb be function will go to this way. Of course I can do that, but this is not the right way.

1 Like

Dear Alex,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your feedback. You are right this is not the best method to import annotations to Pix4Dcloud. So I have notified the team about this incompatibility so we can work on this and resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I wanted to give you some alternatives so you can get your projects done.

Again thank you both very much for sharing this with us. If there is something else I can help you with, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,