DJI Zenmuse H20 series for M300

The new H20 series combines three cameras in one.

1. 12 MP Wide Camera82.9° DFOV,
  2. 20 MP Zoom Camera 23× Hybrid Optical Zoom
  3. Radiometric Thermal Camera 640×512 px
    Not designed for photogrammetry, this general purpose camera has its challenges and this topic is for all those who want to solve them.

Have you ever created a map with the H20? I did a test with a road bridge With the 20 MP Zoom Camera 23× , and PixMapper’s step two keeps failing no matter what I try

Hey,

Thanks for opening this conversation in the community. This will be very useful. If you can share with us a dataset, we would be very happy to test it. If it is not possible, then could you please share with us the pdf report?

Kind regards,

Hi Fernanda,
Thank you for your prompt response
I made many attempts in stepsone and two by adding several tie points and reoptimizing. Usually the tie point is good on four images and everything shifts if I add the point on a fifth one.
Here is the quality report, I can also send you the pictures (10), just tell me how to proceed
Test no 3_report.pdf (997.7 KB)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the quality report. In the following screenshot, you can see the initial images position (blue dot), and your flight plan the green lines. Unfortunatly this is not enough to find common points between the images (keypoints), and affects all the rest of the process.

For example, you can see here the overlap (read and yellow areas mean low overlap):

I suggest you increase the overlap that would definitly help the outputs. In this article we describe how much overlap you need depending on what you are mapping: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002471546

Can you send us the quality report for this one? It would also be good to have a screenshot of the mapview showing the flight plan. Also, in general, we do not recommend using cameras where the focal length (zoom) can change which will probably lead you to some issues when processing projects with this camera.

Hi Jake, I’d be really interested to know what mapping software you used to capture the images, as I’m aware Pix4D doesn’t support the M300 and H20T yet. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I used the waypoint software on the dji smart controller and processed with pix4d mapper

I use the DJI pilot app, more precisely the “oblique” option which allows 5 captures of the same area. The first one is a mapping with an angle of -90 and the 4 others are oblique passes with the angle of your choice, I generally use -80 to -85. Depending on the nature of the object, I can do manual flight passes for facades with an angle of -60 to -65.

Hello, I made a flight plan with the Pilot app, using zenmuse H20, and then I processed with Pix4d. The first attempt did not go well, I noticed that the file with the images had 2 records of each photo with a name ending in _W.jpg and _Z.jpg, which generated errors in the process (attached report). Then, I filtered the _W.jpg images and I selected advanced in the initial process, and I selected Matching / Use geometrically verified matching and calibration with All Prior parameters. I got an orthomosaic, not very good, but not that bad either … I didn’t use checkpoints … just a few MTPs while testing

Petrohue 2911_2020_report.pdf (2.0 MB) Petrohue - 2911_2020B_report.pdf (2.0 MB)

Hi, you will get better results with the ag RGB template as the area looks a bit homogeneous or even 3D maps template. You need to use the original image scale instead of rapid (0.25)

A post was split to a new topic: H20 / H20T support