Disabled points in mesh

Hello, I’ve produced a point cloud and mesh. I’ve now been removing points in the point cloud to the point group ‘disabled’. Then i try to create a new mesh by the steps: Process → Generate 3D textured mesh. Doing this at the start worked as intended and they didn’t add my disabled points. However, when i do this procedure now it adds the disabled points and the mesh is the same as before I generate a new 3D textured mesh. Please help.

See attachments for an example in the model on a pipeline. One is from the pointcloud (disabled points turned off) and the other from the same area in the mesh.

Hi Hanne. Where are you attempting to remove the points? If the points removed leave a hole in the mesh then it will likely be filled as it needs to be continuous surface.

I have removed points from the cloud, but it does not have any effect on the mesh. The points removed is what i believe is just noise beside the tube I am constructing. The image attached is after I have removed the points from the cloud. However the resulting mesh is still the same as before I removed the points.

Thanks for the image. In this case the large blank areas would leave holes in the mesh which is why they are getting filled. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done within Pix4D to force these holes to be left in when generating the mesh.

Hi there,

I’m curious if this challenge regarding ‘disabled points being considered for 3D textured mesh generation’ could be resolved in the meantime?

In terms of manual point cloud classification (for cleaning purposes) and remeshing, I’m facing issues with ‘disabled’ points still being considered for 3D textured mesh generation in Pix4DMapper Version: 4.5.6.

Actually, any disabled points should not be considered in the newly generated 3D textured mesh. See: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560499-How-to-edit-the-point-cloud-in-the-rayCloud (Video 4:40 to 5:06)

Are there any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thank you and kind regards,
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

Could you please share some screenshots highlighting the issue?
Could you please confirm that you Save the project before regenerating the mesh?