[Desktop] Pix4D Desktop 3.3.24 - Feedback and Experience

Hello all,

The latest stable version 3.3.24 has been released.

Here are the most important news and improvements:

• faster initial processing
  • new projection algorithm in the rayCloud to better detect outliers when marking the points: 202560769.
  • Micasense Atlas uploader for reflectance maps: 202558269.
  • Korean language
  • many more improvements and bug fixes

You can download the 3.3.24 version from here: https://cloud.pix4d.com/download/.

For more details you can take a look at the release notes: 15003980866.

Feel free to share your experience by posting a comment below.
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Happy Processing!

Pix4D Support Team

Happiness…Thanks!

2 Likes

¿QUE HA PASADO CON LA UNIÓN DE NUBES DE PUNTOS QUE SE RESOLVÍA AÑADIENDO MTP EN VUELOS A DIFERENTE ALTURA? AHORA NO PUEDO UNIR DOS NUBES CON LOS MTP, AL MARCAR EL CIRCULO MAGENTA AHORA YA NO LOS TOMA EN CUENTA, CÓMO SE RESUELVE ESTO AHORA? HAY QUE PROCESAR POR SEPARADO LOS VUELOS Y UNIRLOS DESPUÉS, QUÉ Recomiendan AL RESPECTO?

In case somebody missed it, a SUGGESTION thread for the next version is over here: https://community.pix4d.com/t/3951–Desktop-Pix4Dmapper-Pro-4-Feature-Requests#gsc.tab=0 

@Alfonso: if there are several layers in the reconstruction: adding MTPs would be a solution, where the points should be marked in images from both layers. If this does not work anymore, I would use the merging procedure as described here: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202558529 
Then, the MTPs will be marked in each subproject and will be recognized when merging the two projects.

@Adam: Thanks! :) 

@Pierangelo: Conozco el procedimiento pero con la nueva versión ahora es imposible con los MTPs pues los marca en color rosa y no los toma en cuenta en la re optimización, también he pensado en unir dos o más proyectos pero me parece que es un trabajo extra ya que son varios vuelos en una zona y la rutina de unir requiere de más tiempo, espero que valoren la opción de retomar lo que hacían las versiones anteriores…saludos.

Alfonso, hopefully Google translated this good enough for me.  I use just 3 tie points to bring sub-projects together as I find that much easier than using dozens and dozens of tie points to bring different blocks together in one project.  I highly recommend using sub-projects with identically named tie points.

1 Like

@Alfonso: I agree that it might look like more work to do the merging procedure, but actually the processing should be faster for step 1 if you do them separately. Then, as @Adam said, if you add just a few MTPs in each subproject it is not that much more work than marking them in the single project with several blocks. In any case, I will pass on your feedback regarding the new marks not being taken into account. 

Is the site calibration under output coordinate system broke in this version? I can’t get it to load optimized parameters anymore.

@Erik Petersen: I haven’t heard of a problem so far. Can you create a new post about your issue in the “Processing” topic? Please add screenshots and more explanations on what is not working in the new post, so that it is easier to reproduce. Thanks!

From now on, please post any feedback in the  Product feedback topic. If you have a technical question, feel free to add a new post in the  Processing topic. I will close this post :slight_smile: