Desktop Computer Setup adequate?

Hi,

sorry for coming up with the same topic once again, but:

We want to purchase a good workstation that will allow us to process our projects in a reasonable amount of time.

Our projects are computing point clouds and orthomosaics from 300 to 3000 (P4P) images.

After looking through forums and recommendations we’ve ended up with this setup:

Is there anything wrong with this? Any ‘bottle necks’?

What do you guess the processing time with standard settings would be for a project with about 1000 images?

Thank you very much in advance for your thoughts!!

Lukas

Only “bottle neck” I see would be with the GTX 1060. Should get at least a 1070.

Hi Lukas, 

The configuration seems good to me. It is difficult to give an estimate of processing time as it depends on many factors, my estimate with this configuration would be a few hours of processing for 1000 P4P images.

Maybe someone from the Community has a similar machine and could give us a more accurate estimate? 

Probably you have read the article before, but just in case, here are a few example configurations we recommend: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202559159-Recommendations-for-Hardware-and-Software-Configuration

Hey,

thank you for the answers! I had read the article, but there are just too many options out there…

And yes, if anyone else has an opinion on that, feel free to let me know! :slight_smile:

Geo,

Pix4d scales very well. So the max you can get for your money do it. I have notice that ram is the one item that doesn’t scale (more will be better). The more processing cores and faster video cards will always benift you.