control of camera display size in raycloud?

Hello, I’m trying to get comfortable with this powerful software. I have an oblique project where clouds in the sky have created a lot of tie points. Thus the subject is rather small in the sparse point cloud and the cameras are tightly clustered around it. The display of cameras seems to be proportional to the size of the whole cloud, so if I zoom in to check on the camera arrangement, they are all huge and overlapping such that it is difficult to make sense. Most photogrammetry software allows easy control of camera size for these situations, but I’m having a hard time finding this. Can someone please clue me in? Thanks!

Hello Eric,

Welcome to our community!

In my understanding you are trying to clean a bit your pointcloud as there is some noise created from the oblique mission. May I ask if you need the cameras displayed for some reason? You can always deactivate the cameras from the Layers tab in the Raycloud:

Here is also an article that can help you edit the pointcloud and assign points to the Disabled group:

Another feature you could use is the Open in PIX4Dsurvey. PIX4Dsurvey bridges the gap between photogrammetry and CAD and allows you to seamlessly import PIX4Dmapper and PIX4Dmatic projects or point clouds that were created with other tools, like a laser scanner and edit the pointclouds.
2022-03-07_13h23_04

After editing the pointcloud to PIX4Dsurvey you can import it back to PIX4Dmapper to generate the DSM and the orthomosaic. For more: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202557789-Menu-Process-Import-Point-Cloud-for-DSM-Generation

Have in mind that you can start your 15-day-trial for PIX4Dsurvey from this link.

Best,