contour line shows negative value

Hi i got negative value for my contour…

I try to do contour base on google earth at the same area. The contour line is positive.

May i know what is the problem. why pix4d shows the negative value?

Below is the result base on google earth…

Hi there
Could you share the quality report?

Hi,

Please find the attached file as per requested.

Thank you
Ain

report (1).pdf (1.12 MB)

Hi Ain,

Thank you for sharing the quality report.

After looking at your project, it looks like it is an issue related to camera optimization.

For now, I would suggest you reprocess your project with the below setting.

1. Internal Parameters Optimization: All Prior (Forces the optimal internal parameters to be close to the initial values.)

Let me know if that solves your issue. If not, it could be an issue reported by some users a few years back where this was caused by DJI drone’s image geotags.

The images that are saved on the drone’s SD card are geotagged by DJI. Lat./Long. Coordinates are reliable in the image EXIF, however, there might be some inaccuracies for the altitude depending on the location where you are mapping.

Note that this is just an offset, meaning that within the model, the accuracy is not affected, only the absolute location is.

As a consequence, I would recommend processing with ground control points (GCPs) to fix these uncertainties. If you have issues marking the GCPs in the rayCloud because of the vertical shift, click here. If you do not have GCPs, please refer to this procedure.

Best,
Rosana (she/her)

Hi Ms Rosana,

Tq for the guideline but there is no calibration option. please refer to attached photo.

Thank you
Ain

Hi Ain,

You will see the calibration option once you check the Advnaced box on the bottom left.

Best,
Rosana (she/her)

hi rosana,

thanks for the advise.
May I know what is factor that could effect camera optimization issue? is that related to the camera setting? or due to rural area?
we want to solve this issue so that next reading will be more accurate…

Thank you
Ain

Hi ainhaha22,
Optimization errors can happen with any camera. However, if your project area does not have a lot of texture, then it can cause the optimization error to be high. This can happen even with very high-quality cameras. But many things can affect this, such as image overlap. If you encounter camera optimization over 5% then enable All Prior for the internal parameters optimization.

Hi,

this is our new project… from the report the camera optimization is only 1.37% but we facing -ve altitude also… the altitude is different from altitude we took using garmin.
please refer to the attached file . and advise us regarding the problem.

Thank you
Ain

kulim _report.pdf (2.59 MB)

(Attachment southern green.kml is missing)

I looked at your quality report, and you did not use GCPs, nor was your drone RTK equipped. You are only relying on the low-quality GPS on the drone. If you are at sea level, it is very likely to record negative values because the receiver is low-quality. Try using GCPs.