Combined terrestrial survey and aérial cloud points

Hello, is it possible with pix4d to integrate into a points cloud calculate from photogrammetry, lines and points to measure with a total station or a GNSS?
thanks

Hi Alexis,

My understanding is that you want to know if it is possible to combine, integrate, or merge two different sets of measurements together with Pix4Dmapper so that you can see all of the measurements in the same 3D environment. In this case, you have two sets of measurements, including:

• A dense 3D point cloud that was created with photogrammetry.
  • A set of points and lines that were collected with a total station or a GNSS.

Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect. If my understanding of what you want to do is correct:

1. You can import points into Pix4Dmapper with the GCP/MTP Manager. However, when you import points into a Pix4Dmapper project with the GCP/MTP Manager, Pix4Dmapper expects that you will use the points as ground control points to georeference the project.
  2. You cannot import lines into Pix4Dmapper.

With that in mind, I suggest that you plan to import both the dense 3D point cloud that you created with photogrammetry and the points and lines that you collected with a total station or a GNSS into third-party CAD or GIS software. A list of some third-party software that people work with after they create a dense 3D point cloud with Pix4Dmapper is available in the support documentation.

Please keep in mind that the list of third-party software in the support documentation does not include every single third-party software that you can consider. You may have access to third-party software that is not included in the list but that you can use to get the job done.

Please let me know if you have any questions about working with two different sets of measurements in the same 3D environment.

Hi Andrew,

you understood perfectly my question.
thank you for your explanations.

1 Like