Camera for adding to supported list

Do you guys know if the Sony 7RII, f5.6, 25mm lens will be supported in the near future.

Thanks

Hello,

Good news, we released the preview version 1.6.0 with “generic camera” support! You can download it here: https://cloud.pix4d.com/download_release/pix4dmatic/latest-preview/windows

In practice, it should enable to process more images that have a basis set of EXIF and Xmp tags available such as GPS and IMU data. The full article that describes which tags are required will be published on the knowledge base soon.

Please let me know if you manage to process your images in this version of the software and if you don’t, please continue commenting with the cameras you’d like to see supported and ideally provide an example image. The latter helps us, as we can have a look at the EXIF/Xmp tags of the images to see what’s missing.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. Is this camera supported already?

Hi @vyacheslav.kostromin, yes, the Zenmuse P1 is compatible with Pix4Dmatic.

Pix 4Dmapper ?

@vyacheslav.kostromin this thread is about Pix4Dmatic (https://www.pix4d.com/download/pix4dmatic). It works in Pix4Dmapper too though :wink:

1 Like

I tryed to seech just with Zenmuse P1 in whole community) Just one topic was found

Hi. I got the other answer from official request to Pix4D team.
Why is right?

Hi @vyacheslav.kostromin, both are right:

• it is possible to import and process P1 datasets in Pix4Dmatic and Pix4Dmapper already now.

• the camera is not yet in the official database, but we are working on it, once it will be added you will have a better set of default parameters for the camera.

The difference is that right now it sets default values based on the EXIF of the images as basis for camera parameter optimization in the calibration step. Once we have added the camera to our officially supported list the parameters that will be selected when importing P1 images will be the ones we found when calibrating the camera on a reference dataset, which should be even better. In practice, this will probably result in a somewhat faster calibration as the parameters will have to be less optimized (as they would be closer to the optimal value already).

However, as Pix4Dmatic and Pix4Dmapper both run an optimization on the camera parameters during calibration, it should work well already now.

I hope it is clearer now?

1 Like

Thanks for the easy explanation!

1 Like