Camera angle always points up when flying mission at the minimum allowed high 10ft

Hello,

I am using Parrot Anafi to fly a mission with the high is 10ft trying to model my SUV (car).  Before starting the mission, I already tilt my camera angle down to -45 degree (For Anafi, 0 is considered at the horizon, so -45 degreee is pointing down), then the mission started, I saw the camera angle is tilt up to 15-30 degree, so it looks like my SUV was out of frame.

What else should I do in order for my Anafi camera to point down?

Hi Thenhan,

Thank you for your feedback.

Can I ask you if you are using the iOS or the Android version of Pix4Dcapture?
Are you updated with the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and drone firmware?

In a general way, when unexpected behavior occurs, we suggest following all the steps describes in our basic checks and troubleshooting article. Following them properly enable to solve most of the issue encountered.

In a normal operation of Pix4Dcapture, the user does not have to tilt the camera. The angle of the camera can be chosen when planning the flight with Pix4Dcapture and this angle will be applied while the automated mission is ongoing. 
You have the possibility to choose this angle from 0 to 90° by step of 5°. Choosing 90°, the camera will point Nadir and 0°, it will point horizontally.

In your project, I would maybe suggest you consider a Circular mission to capture as many angles as possible of the SUV. You can find more information about the different types of mission that can be flown here.
Also to optimize the flight plan according to your project, we recommend reading this article so that you can get the best results out of your images acquisition when processing them in Pix4Dmapper afterward.

Best,

Hi Gael,

I am using Android version. And Yes, Pix4dCapture and drone firmware are latest versions.  For circular mission, there is no way I can set the tilt angle, right?  There is capture angle (max is 20 degree) which I can set but it’s not tilt angle.

I used the circular mission and like I reported, the camera is tilt up to the sky when the flying altitude is 10 ft.

In Building Reconstruction mission, how do we set the camera angle

Hi Thenhan,

You are right, When doing a circular mission, the camera tilting angle cannot be user-defined. The drone translates to always face the Point of Interest (POI) which is the center of the flight. The camera angle is set to focus on the ground. In other words, as the picture above shows it, the camera angle is closer to vertical when the flight altitude is higher.

Thank you for the feedback, do you experience this camera issue only in these conditions meaning when flying 10 feet high and circular mission? Do you experience it setting other flight height using the circular mission?

Best,

Hi Gael,

So far the problem is seen when altitude is 10ft high in circular mission, that is the camera angle not tilt down at the center of the flight or POI.

Regards,
Thenhan

I think the instruction for

needs to change, right?  Currently, it looks like the camera tilt angle is user-defined.

Regards,

Thenhan

Hi Thenhan,

We will make some test to see if this behavior can be reproduced.

Thank you for noticing that. The procedure is not correct and I will update it, the camera tilting angle cannot be user-defined. 
However, in the settings, you can define the capture angle, meaning that an image will be acquired every x degrees along the circular flight path.

Best,

Hi Gael,

Please let me know if you can reproduced this behavior - Camera angle tilt up in circular mission at 10ft altitude.

Thanks an have a great day.

Thenhan

Hi Thenhan,

Do you have some images so that could help us have a better overview of the issue?
I did a test and the camera seems to properly point the center of the circular mission with an angle that will make it point the ground.

Best,

Hi Gael,

Sorry, I deleted them already but I uploaded one image to this report (https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/hc/en-us/requests/66016). .%C2%A0) What I have done is setup a circular mission with the diameter of that mission is about 30ft (30x30 ft) to fly around my car at 10ft altitude.  I am not sure how big is your circle for your circular mission.

Have a great day,

Thenhan

Hi Thenhan,

I had feedback from the developers and tester and it may happen that from time to time when flying the Anafi that the tilting angle is not taken into account. It has been reported from our side to Parrot.

In the meantime, I would suggest you make sure once gone through the preflight checklist that the angle of the camera is set correctly. You can also check this during a mission by switching to the camera view.

If you bumped into this issue, I would suggest you restart the mission from scratch.
To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the cable from the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone. Then switch on the drone and the controller, reconnect the USB cable and open Pix4Dcapture. On Android, launch Pix4Dcapture from Ctrl+plugin.

Thank you again for your feedback,
Best,