Calibration Image Scale

@r.diaz the problem with using 1/8 image scale is that it might not calibrate at all, this setting needs to be used carefully. For marking your images “faster”, I have these ways to proceed in mind:

• Mark the GCPs/Checkpoints based on the initial camera positions. I added some tips on how to use the image viewer in this other post, the same tools work also before any calibration was run: Marks outlier detected for GCP tie points - #2 by Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler . You could then run the calibration a single time (of course, it’s always good to check the tie points error after the calibration to be sure all is OK).
  • You could run the calibration at 1/2 image scale, then mark your tie points, then use Reoptimize. This should incorporate your tie points well and provide a good reconstruction.
  • If you want to calibrate “quickly” first, I would suggest to try 1/4 image scale. although it may not work as well as 1/2 but it has a higher chance to work than 1/8, then mark your tie points, then start the entire calibration from scratch. Starting from scratch with 1/1 or 1/2 should get you a high quality calibration.

Also note, that selecting between 1/1 and 1/2 will depend on the resolution of your images as well as the images’ content, e.g. for forest I’d suggest 1/2, same for images at 42MP, if you have 20MP images I’d go for 1/1 (except if you’re over a forest).

Hope this answers!