[Android Beta] - Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced and Inspire 1

@Vertical 

To my knowledge the S6 And Tab S 2, use the same Android OS. I had been suspecting that S6 connection issue was OS related.

If you have it working then its not OS related but possibly device specific. 

I just looked at the log file and it appears to be the SDK. As the onConnectionUpdate log entry returns UNKNOWN 

@Jonas

Looking through my log file that I sent to you, it appears I had the same connection issue with 2.0.5 as I am with 2.0.7. The last working version with the S6 Edge was 2.0.4

Hi Jonas

Copter on 1.05.0011
Capture App on 2.0.7

Galaxy S3
3 flights went well on fourth there was no way to connect the app with the drone anymore. Nothing that I’m aware of had been changed in the meantime. I only used an other battery which had a different firmware, but DJI Go was fine with it.

Nexus 9
App does not crash anymore, but I’m not able to connect to the drone.

Thanks,

@Support, @Jonas

Copter on 1.04.00.10

App on 2.0.7 

Tried using a Nexus 7 (2013) and a LG G4.  Unable to connect to the Inspire.  DJI GO App is connecting and working fine.

Thanks,

Chad

3D Modell 270 Photo.

http://youtu.be/DMNN0CaiF7I

flew a job yesterday, after a few minutes started the Samsung display will flash red. What does that mean ??

I am curious, has anyone tried the capture app with the Matrice 100?  Reason I ask, is the Matrice can last almost twice as long in the air.  And I think I may install a second custom Gimbal.  So I could have the regular RGB camera and say a multispectral or thermal imaging camera mounted to the same device

Totally reloaded app and all, yet completely unable to to connect to the inspire. Go App and other 3rd party apps work fine, including the drone deploy beta. Really getting frustrated.

Do you have USB debugging turned on by change on your android device?

@Vertical Aspect Support

I have USB debugging enabled.

Yep, its on.

Now using Drone Deploy to capture and Pix4d to process since Pix4d mapper app does not work with P3P and does not even have irregular shaped grids. Let me know when the app works with P3P.

It’s a sad state of affairs when a company like Pix4D ignores it’s high paying users. I find it even more troubling when they essentially force us to use competing products like DroneDeploy or Maps Made Easy for collecting data. It makes for a much more compelling argument to switch to those processing options, that’s for sure.

I so wish that Pix4D could build a stable and reliable capture app, closer to what DroneDeploy has. The number of customers willing to shell out the high price for Pix4D software would surely grow if they did.

Maybe the lack of customer support lately means it’s Swiss Thanksgiving?

Well for the record, I can get dronedeploy to connect, but neither Mapsmadeeasy or the pix4d capture beta for inspire connect.

I flew a test mission yesterday with my Inspire 1 Pro. I have a Samsung Tab S2 for my tablet.

I set my controller flight mode to F, and then put the tablet into Airplane mode. I went into the Application Manager on my tablet, and force stopped the DJI Go app. From there, I launched the Pix4D Capture app, and planned out my grid mission. Everything connected well, and all items were checked prior to takeoff. Once I made sure everything was good, I manually took off, climbed to about 10ft AGL, and then held the green button within the capture app to begin the mission. It flew great - heading down to the first waypoint, and began it’s pattern. As far as flight control, everything went great. It flew the full pattern, and returned home and landed. I did not touch the screen at all during the flight.

What I noticed was that on the first length of it’s pattern, it missed images. The images also did not appear to be evenly spaced. I had my overlap set at 80% (I can’t remember if I had changed it previously, of if this was the default).

Here’s what the flight pattern ended up looking like:

As you can see, the locations where images were taken were not great. Some were spaced evenly, but several were far apart, and others seemed clustered along the flight path.

After I brought the images into Pix4D to process, things took a turn for the worse. Even though image scale was set at 1, and the point density set to High, the cloud it produced was sparse at best:

Also, as you can see there are some points at a very funny angle on the left end of the above image. I rematched & reoptimized, and the above was the result. Not good in my opinion.

Perhaps as a function of overlap being set to 80%, the resulting processing overlap was horrible, even with the larger X5 sensor:

The combination of all these factors meant that my orthoimage was all but useless, with significant holes, and very poor alignment in several areas:

I am heading back out today to try the app again, with the overlap set to 90%.

The good news is that the app worked on my setup. I will, however, second many of the topics that others have brought up previously. The overlap and speed controls are far too small, and being able to set speed in mph rather than a percentage would be very helpful.

It sounds like several stability issues need to be worked out, but since Jonas hasn’t responded to this thread for two weeks now, I’m not particularly hopeful that will actually happen.

Anyone else having problems with projects freezing at 40% while creating the triangle mesh?

I’ve tried turning up the settings with a couple different options like full scale images instead of half, and high point density. I can’t complete a single project.  Very frustrating to leave my computer processing for a day and a half for the process to fail. 

Hi Mitchell
Did you open a support ticket with Pix4D? They reply within 24 hours my expierence with their support has been very good.

How many pictures do you like to process? What kind of a computer are you using?

Martin - luftbild.aero

I had freezing issues at first too. Turns out that it runs out of RAM and then just freezes. So I got a computer with much more RAM (32) and lowered the number of images and now it works fine. Have a DELL with second gen i7. 540 images took 4.75 hours. But this might be for another thread.

No I haven’t, I guess I should. Wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I know one guy posted on the facebook page he was. Wondered if it was more than us two. And you’re probably right Kyle, I’m just comfortable posting here. My bad.

Using a Dell XPS 8700 with a i7 processor and 16 gb of Ram. Not the best computer in the world but pretty good. Big projects, 500+ photos.

Mitchell,

The amount of RAM may well be the limiting factor for the dataset you’re referring to. One possible workaround, if you haven’t already tried it, would be to try processing step two with the 3D Mesh deselected.  Once Step 2 is complete, then select “Generate 3D mesh” separately from the Process pull down menu.  Related thread below…

https://community.pix4d.com/t/4538-Windows-10-P4D