[Android Beta] - Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced and Inspire 1

@Kevin: We don’t have the problem on firmware 18. We don’t have access to firmware 21 unfortunately. Do you have a way to test with firmware 18?

1 - I would like to know if we can manually help the UAV take off before it starts it missing.
2 - Any support for the Bebops?

@DDS CAD:

1. Yes, you can start the mission while flying.
  2. The current beta is only for the P3 and Inspire 1.

Thank you. That is very useful as many time there are obstructions in the way while reaching the elevation.

Yes, you are right! Did you have a successful flight with the beta version of Capture?

Jonas, since I want sure of what to expect at take off, yesterday I used the “manual” flight and left the software take photos.
it worked well. All the pictures were there. However the video feed froze after a few seconds of my flight. I was no more then 30 feet from the craft. I was photographing a car.

I did not upgrade to the beta firmware yet… I am afraid… =) lol.
I am using the latest firmware from their official may 2015 release.

If you don’t use the beta firmware, then you will not be able to use the autonomous flight mode and the download of the images is even less stable.

In the other hand, I can understand if you don’t want to use the beta firmware, but then you need to wait for the stable release :wink:

My concern, being that you cannot revert firmware would be to lose any functionality. But I understand what you are saying.

Hi,
when I choose the Inspire the app crashes. I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. The app works only on my phone (Sony Experia Z2). What’s the problem for the crash? Thanks.

Hello, when i try to zoom map, i see a black map with "X"s. Current zoom position is not enough i think because i can’t see where the selection starts and finishs. Is there any fix for this?

It makes circles right after takeoff and continues for about 2 minutes. Then heads to the start point where it will go in circles for about another minute. Then at the end of each line and when it moves to the next line it spins at each point for about 1 minute. My last flight it spent more time going in circles then actuall flying the grid. I am using the V01.02.02.18 Beta witch is the current beta release on dji’s website.

@Thomas: Thanks for the feedback! We will try to find the problem and fix it in the next versions!
@Nazmi: If you zoom too much while in the Satellite view, you will get those crosses instead of the images because Mapbox does not have images at this zoom level. Try to zoom out! You can use the “Reset” button to go to a reasonable zoom level, too!
@Bill: My drones are spinning during takeoff, too, but then they stop. I have received feedback of other people saying that their drone spins at each waypoint, too. I would guess that comes from the firmware (Capture is obviously not asking the drone to spin ;-)).

@Jonas: I know but the problem is i can’t zoom enough. I think mapbox doesn’t have detail maps in our country because i can use google maps without any problem. Can’t we use google map instead of mapbox?

I use the app with my Phatom 3 Professional , and everything went very well , at least for the Beta .

Only a few small bugs . The first is when I canceled the automatic mode , just seconds before landing, I regained control of manual drone , but he continued to go down when I let go orders .

Second bugs is that it does not always take photos at the same distance . Some are made close together, while others are more remote .

Moreover, even after closing the application, several hours after the theft, the application always comes with the message, canceled flight .

In conclusion, nothing major , and certainly no fly away with the drone.

Thanks Pix 4D.

@Nazmi: No, there is no way to use Google Maps right now =(. But if the satellite images are not good enough, you should try the map view instead…
@Patrick: Thanks for the review! When the drone is in “Go Home” mode, the controller is beeping and the drone comes back to land. In this mode, you have manual control, but the drone will still continue landing. If you want to stop that, you have to flip the P-A-F switch to “A” and then back to “F”, so that the drone stops landing. For the “canceled flight” message, I suppose you talk about the notification that offers to interrupt the mission. This will be corrected soon!

Hi,

before I’ll test it with the Inspire, one question:
To get back manual control during a grid mission, can I switch it to “P” position? Thank you.

@Thomas: Yes, you can. As soon as you flip the “P-A-F” switch, you go back to manual. I usually flip it to “A” and then back to “F”.

Actually, I realized I could fix the spinning problem. I will release a new version today or tomorrow!

During testing I noticed problems with sync images (square around 200m x 200m). Regards, LUK

@Łukasz: Yes, that is still not really stable. I am trying to improve that until we get a better firmware. On the P3 pro and Inspire 1, you can try to start the download multiple times from the Mission Manager. For the P3 advanced, it simply does not work right now.

The easiest is probably to disable to auto sync for now, and to use the images directly from the SD card of the drone (you can export the P4D file from the Mission Manager)