[Android Beta] - Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced and Inspire 1

Dear all,
I have been testing the new official firmware V01.04.0010 with the capture app 2.03. First I tried with a grid mission. All steps well, the connection with the drone well and every steps of the check list good except the last.It show a problem with the ground station. It seems there are a connection problem between drone and the app. So I could not began the mission.

Free flight mission runs very well but the camera view does not run. Besides I could take much pics in this mode and the app does not crash during whole mission.

The sync of the images failed too. 

I’ve been testing V01.04.0005 beta firmware version, and the new app DJI-GO.

Apparently all the new features implemented work. Cruise Lock, Lock Home, Waypoints, Follow me. Etc …
Therefore I think it is possible with this firmware V01.04.0005 use the CAPTURE PIX4d and use the new features. The only thing you need to do is install the new version DJI-GO and select the F position at the station.

Jonas Vautherin

I am using the PIX4DCapture 2:03 and Firmware 1.400.10 (launch DJI). Everything works perfect. However, synchronization is not possible. As for processing, the point cloud comes out with an umbrella effect. What can it be?

Jonas Vautherin

For all work well. The drone should already be flying. Otherwise the Firmware 1.400.10 does not.

Jose Dominguez

Before starting the mission, let the drone flying at about 5 meters above ground. Then start the mission. Everything will work perfect. Except synchronization.

1 Like

Hi, the app keeps crashing whenever I click on GRID MISSION with P3P (beta) selected. It does this even when my tablet is not plugged into the RC. Is this just me?? It looks like the newest public DJI firmware (V1.04.0010) isn’t working with the Capture app right now anyways, which is what I’m running on my P3P, so I guess fixing this problem isn’t a big deal until the app works with the newest firmware.

Any timeframe when this might happen?

@Everyone: The new public firmware should work, but you have to takeoff manually before you start the mission. More precisely, what DJI calls the “Ground station” cannot be “opened” if the drone is not “flying”. I am not completely sure what “flying” means yet, so let’s assume that the drone has to be flying at an altitude above 5 meters.

So until 2.0.4, please just takeoff manually before you hit the “Start” button on the Map View. We will try to adapt the user interface to this new “feature”, but unfortunately it will make the takeoff workflow less clear.

As always with new firmwares: if you use Capture for work and your pipeline is quite stable now, just wait a bit until you update, so that we get more experience first ;-).

@Keenan: We will think about a more advanced way to set the overlap, that would be visible when “Advanced mode” is checked in the settings.

@Brandon: We are fixing some bugs for 2.0.4, let’s hope that it will help you!

@EVANDRO: Do you mean that the point cloud is “bended”? 

Thanks to everybody for your dedication and feedback!

Hi,

I followed the Evandro Figueiredo recommendations and it runs perfectly.
Jonas, Thank yo very much for the clarifications.
Very good work.

J.A.

1 Like

@Jonas
Will you also look into the crash issues some of us have using a Nexus?
Thank you.

Pix4D Support
That’s exactly. The point cloud edges have folded down. Creating an umbrella effect. I believe that the overlapping pictures is not adequate, even when used in high application Pix4DCapture overlapping configuration.

Hi guys…  I’ll do some fieldtest with your app and our inspire 1 today but I’d like to know if it’s possible to increase the maximum height of flight as we usually fly at around 250/300m

Thanks for the hard work 

• deleted -

@Everybody: I just released version 2.0.4. It fixes quite a few bugs, so let us know if you see a difference. Also, if it crashes constantly, try to completely kill DJI Go (first “swype it away” in the list of apps, and then in the App Info of DJI Go, hit “Force stop”). The preflight checklist now supports the new firmware. In other words, you have to takeoff manually (you don’t need to go high: 1m is fine) and then the checks will become green.

@Martin: I fixed quite a few crashes that were reported, I hope yours was in it. Let me know!

@Bruno: Do you fly at 250/300m with the Inspire 1?

@EVANDRO: I guess you should contact support@pix4d.com when it is related to a project reconstruction. They will give you more details about your specific project.

1 Like

@Jonas: Thanks for the reply. We like to do our flights at max 250/300m (we´ve went up to 500m a couple of times). Most of the time we stay bellow the 200m mark but a little higher than 150m so we have good details to area covered ratio. If the max was set to 200m it would help us tremendously.

Thank you 

Jonas,

I believe this problem is the small overlap of the flight plan. This is when planning the mission above 80 m.
If I do two missions in the same area, the problem is solved. So I make the suggestion to narrow the distance between line up 80 meters missions.

Hi Just tried to update to the latest firmware on the drone (P3P)

After the light stopped to blink I turned off the battery.

When I turned the drone on again for control it started to make a lot of high beep.

In the txt file on the SD card it says following:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0005.bin
Upgrading …

========== 2015.09.09 19:55:39 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0005.bin

Can you tell me what to do…

Regards

Lene Fischer

@jonas

I tried the capture app 2.0.4 with a P3P running the 1.4.0010 firmware. I kept getting the message that says it was unable to connect to the ground station. I tried rebooting my galaxy android tab S as well as restarting the controller and drone… I still got the same unable to connect to ground station error. Any thoughts?

The firmware you have us using right now will not allow one to use the Phantom without the DJIGo app, as it calls for an upgrade to the newest DJI firmware. If I upgrade to the latest DJI firmware, I am assuming that your firmware will no longer be valid. As I still would like to use the other app, this is an issue.

@Jonas

Unfortunately  2.0.4 still crashes the whole Nexus 9 tablet. A flight plan can partially be created, very slowly, but then the Nexus just freezes. What makes the Nexus 9 so complicated? I bought it because I assumed it would one of more powerful devices out there. 

@Jonas I am also getting the unable to connect to ground station for the inspire 1 as well