Thank you. I have attached the Quality Report. I should probably give you more details now that I have your attention.
This flight was done in a mountainous, forested area. The trees surrounding the roadway were thick with a mostly impenetrable canopy above the roadway. I had no choice but to fly low to the roadway, maybe 20 feet above at most, which produced a few shots that were more blurry than others. I did four runs up and down the roadway: a set of shots straight down, oblique looking downhill, oblique looking up hill, and oblique looking to the side of the roadway.
I know that usually the advice here is to re-fly with a better flight plan and more overlap, but there would be little I can do to improve this flight, other than flying extremely slowly and gathering more pictures. Although I have found that more pictures is sometimes detrimental to a project.
I have already tried four separate projects for the four separate styles of flight in an attempt to then Merge Projects. However, when I process the straight-down flight, the altitude of the roadway is clearly incorrect. It should be continuously sloping up hill. It curves upwards towards the ends. I tried fixing this by setting the horizontal and vertical accuracy to 0.1 m, as recommended in a previous post, but this only makes the data worse, as a kink then appears in the roadway.
One thing I am confused about is the arbitrary coordinate system. When I set it to arbitrary, it seems that none of the EXIF GPS data from the camera is used. I do not care where the site is geographically. I have my own coordinate system with an origin on the roadway that I work with. However, it would be nice to get the GPS data back in there to at least give a better initial guess as to the camera’s initial positions relative to one another.
Regardless, I thought that the GCPs would fix everything. I now have 6 GCPs in the project that I get from my CAD software, Rhino, where my laser scans are. Note in the quality report that apparently only two GCPs are used:
Yet I have 6 GCPs:
Note again in image properties I lost my GPS data when I set the coordinate system to arbitrary in order to accommodate the GCPs:
The reason that some images were disabled was because they didn’t record GPS data. Therefore, the images where at 0 latitude and longitude. So I disabled them.
In the end, I want the software to pin the GCPs down and constrain them, because they are 100% accurate, and then work outwards from there. Then I hope to finally sew together these multiple blocks:
Quality_Report.pdf (404.3 KB)