3D Fly through Pix4DSurvey

Hi there!,

Can anyone point me in the right direction on a tutorial or something similar on how to create a 3D Fly Through? I’ve tried a few times to create one but doesn’t seems to be working the way I want to. maybe I’m doing it the wrong way.

Thanks!.

Hi @felipe.godoy,

Thank you for your request.
Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not have a tutorial ready for the videos in PIX4Dmatic or PIX4Dsurvey.

To summarize, you need to create “views”, that are used as waypoints where the imaginary videocamera should move through. The video will move between the different “views” by modifying its position and orientation depending on the position and orientation of the views.

Let’s see this example of zoom-out and rotation:

• Create the first view close to your area of interest using the combination CTRL+B or click on Save current view. The “view 1” is created and added to the views list:

• Zoom out, rotate the view and create a new view. Note that you can see a yellow camera showing the location and orientation of view 1:

• Zoom out, rotate the view and create a new view again. You will now see the previous two camera views:

• Click on Create animation and zoom out again. You can now see the following:

1. The three camera views
    2. The path of the virtual videocamera
    3. The preview button of the current video
    4. The video settings
  • Modify the settings until you are happy with the video preview and then export it using the Export video button.

Please let me know if this helps you and if there is anything else I can do for you.

Have fun with the video function.

Cheers,
Daniele

Thanks Daniele,

I managed to get it to work as I wanted, I just needed to change the vew.

Felipe.

Hi @felipe.godoy,

Thank you for your answer.
I’m happy to hear that it works nicely now.

If you want, you can even participate to the Flythrough contest:

Happy mapping,
Daniele