Support Website Contact Support Blog

15K picture by pix4d matic is possible ?

After a while time, the computer is shut down. Is there any way to process 15k pictures at one time?

Hi @account

Can you please tell us more about the computer hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drive) and the imagery you want to process, e.g. how many MP are the images and from which camera?

Also, can you tell more about the processing options you have used in PIX4Dmatic and at which step of the processing it didn’t work? e.g. calibrate, densify,…

The answer will depend a lot on the answers to the above. In the meantime, I can suggest to have a look at the recommended hardware: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044895711-PIX4Dmatic-recommended-hardware

Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply,

Computer specifications;
RAM; 64 GB
CPU; INTEL(R) XEON(R) E 2274GCPU @ 4.00GHZ 4.01GHZ
HARD DRIVE; 4 TB
GPU; P4000 QUADRO PRO 8 GB
PICTURE NUMBER; 15K
EACH PICTURE APPROX; 11MB
CAMERA; ZENMUSE P1 45 MP
After calibration, I click to export point cloud, dsm, and orthomosaic. but after 2 days processing is stopped. it happens two times.
What can be the problem?
Thanks in advance.

@account your dataset is too big for the computer you have. Your hardware corresponds to the minimum requirements for projects of 5000-10000 images at 20MP, as described in the article linked in my previous reply. Here you have 15000 images at 45MP, which is much larger, so the hardware cannot handle this large project.

I would recommend the following, if possible:

• Split the project into smaller chunks of 5000 images each, make a project for each of them.
  • Adapt the processing options to the fact that you have a 45MP camera: in the “Calibrate” step use “1/2 image scale” instead of “1/1”. For the rest of the settings I would use the defaults.

This should make it work! If it doesn’t, please follow-up with some more information, e.g. the log file. You can export this easily with the menu: “Help > Export project logs…”

Good luck with your project!