15K picture by pix4d matic is possible ?

After a while time, the computer is shut down. Is there any way to process 15k pictures at one time?

Hi @account

Can you please tell us more about the computer hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drive) and the imagery you want to process, e.g. how many MP are the images and from which camera?

Also, can you tell more about the processing options you have used in PIX4Dmatic and at which step of the processing it didn’t work? e.g. calibrate, densify,…

The answer will depend a lot on the answers to the above. In the meantime, I can suggest to have a look at the recommended hardware: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044895711-PIX4Dmatic-recommended-hardware

Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply,

Computer specifications;
RAM; 64 GB
CPU; INTEL(R) XEON(R) E 2274GCPU @ 4.00GHZ 4.01GHZ
HARD DRIVE; 4 TB
GPU; P4000 QUADRO PRO 8 GB
PICTURE NUMBER; 15K
EACH PICTURE APPROX; 11MB
CAMERA; ZENMUSE P1 45 MP
After calibration, I click to export point cloud, dsm, and orthomosaic. but after 2 days processing is stopped. it happens two times.
What can be the problem?
Thanks in advance.

@account your dataset is too big for the computer you have. Your hardware corresponds to the minimum requirements for projects of 5000-10000 images at 20MP, as described in the article linked in my previous reply. Here you have 15000 images at 45MP, which is much larger, so the hardware cannot handle this large project.

I would recommend the following, if possible:

• Split the project into smaller chunks of 5000 images each, make a project for each of them.
  • Adapt the processing options to the fact that you have a 45MP camera: in the “Calibrate” step use “1/2 image scale” instead of “1/1”. For the rest of the settings I would use the defaults.

This should make it work! If it doesn’t, please follow-up with some more information, e.g. the log file. You can export this easily with the menu: “Help > Export project logs…”

Good luck with your project!

Can you explain further ?

Okay so you will have x3 projects with 5000 images per project.

How would you then get 1 orthomosaic image ?

Would you just have to accept x3 laz point clouds

Hi @ben77,

If your hardware allows it (https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044895711-Recommended-hardware-PIX4Dmatic) you should be able to process a 15000 images project at once.
Since PIX4Dmatic 1.45.1, the processing of more than 10000 became more stable.
Please download PIX4Dmatic 1.45.1(or above, if your license allows it) from here:

Please let me know if this works fine for you.

Cheers!

Hi I wanted to process 5000 image in 1-2 hours in one god without splitting the project. kindly advice.

currently I have 128GB Ram, 2 TB SSD, I9 10th Gen Intel Processor with 3.10GHz speed with 3080 RTX Nvidia GPU with Pix4D mapper.

Kindly advice @Daniele_Lecci @Pierangelo_Rothenbuhler

Hi @himalay.sharma,

It is difficult to provide an estimation as the time will also depend on the size of each picture, the overlap between images, the keypoints found, and so on.
1-2 hours for 5000 images seems a bit optimistic. How log does it take with PIX4Dmapper?

You can get a 15 days trial for PIX4Dmatic once you open it (you will get a message in the app).
There will be no automatic charge at the end of the trial.
Let me know how it goes, I’m also really interested to see how your system reacts with 5000 images using PIX4Dmatic. Make sure that all the drivers are up to date.

Cheers.

Thankyou @Daniele_Lecci
Each image size is 15-24Mb capyured from DJI Zemnus P1 35MM lens with 70/80% overlap,
So my question is is it possible to do the above process like 5000 images in 1-2 hour

1. Is it possible to achive 5000 image process in 1-2 hour along Pix4Dmatics with best configure system?
  2. Is it possible to achive 5000 image process in 1-2 hour along Pix4Mapper with best configure system?
  3. Will that trial run all step/substeps like generate all desire output likes Point cloud, Orthomosaic, DSM/DTM, 3D Model etc. looking forward to your revert.

Hi @himalay.sharma,

Again, this really depends on your processing options and image content. Even having this information, giving an estimation would be extremely hard. Therefore, I suggest you start a trial for 15 days and test by yourself what the results are with your camera and your preferred settings.
Yes, a trial for PIX4Dmatic gives you access to all features :slight_smile: .

As a general statement, PIX4Dmatic is faster than PIX4Dmapper. You can find additional information here:

Additionally, PIX4Dmapper can’t handle well very large projects. Therefore, we suggest using PIX4Dmatic, which is optimized for large datasets.
1-2 hours still seems optimistic, but if you process overnight, it shouldn’t make a big difference. With PIX4Dmatic, you can also concatenate many processes one after the other, so you can start the processing batch on a Friday and no need for human intervention to start subsequent projects.

Please let me know what will be the processing time with your project of 5000 P1 images with your device 128GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, I9 Intel Processor with 3.10GHz speed, and 3080 RTX Nvidia GPU.

Cheers.