Volume Report

It really is that simple, use or do what makes sense and your life easier. Try not to tie yourself to brands or products no matter how good they treat you or otherwise.

To stay relevant in any business, flexibility is a requirement. Constantly working on work flows to meet new demands is not fun for anyone, especially when time constraints are factored into new work flows.

I feel your pain as a Pro owner for three years, and have feature requests for almost that amount of time as well.

Good luck Sir!

Dear all,

I read very carefully all comments and I am taking them into account.
When I have some news about the development of Volume related features, I will comment on this post, so that you will get updated.

Once again, I feel the need to thank you. We do care about our users’ feedback and suggestions. 

Christina

I also have a strong need for this. Please push this to the urgent category.

3 Likes

Would be nice but it has been over 2 year and still nothing so I would not hold your breath on this.  We have already migrated away to Propeller.  It is so much easier and has WAY more features if you are looking for volumes.

As a matter of fact, from the time I did my demo to the time we decided to pull the trigger (about 3 months) they had already integrated in 2 of the things I mentioned it would be nice to have any they were actively working on others.  It is nice to know that when you have feature requests they do go somewhere.  They don’t have all of the fine detail level settings that Pix4D has but are they all needed?  I don’t know.  I want something fast and simple to use that meets my needs and for me that is Propeller.  I wish Pix4D was it but with their lack of any real reporting it makes it a product that can make nice 3D pictures but that is about it for me.

2 Likes

I had this skype with Propeller and indeed their product is really interesting. As they are growing fast, Pix4D might lose loads of clients if they do not improve their volume computation features and workflow very soon. 

The features I miss for my volume computation reports and that are available in Propeller:

Import a DWG or any other mesh that would be used for excavation works as a design level. 

Add / remove vertices for each volume.

Adjust the height of each vertice independently. (without the workaround suggested within in the raycloud editor that is not user friendly)

Re-rank the volumes in a new preferred order.

Generate a report (excel to start and once the other features are available, the pdf)

Please feel free to contact me if you want a more detailed feedback. 

Kind regards.

2 Likes

PIx4D definitely needs to step up their game for measuring stockpiles! Christopher Haddad & Milan Reiners I would love to chat with either of you guys about deliverables and a few other items if that’s possible.  I don’t see any contact info on either of your pages.  My email is: artax017@gmail.com

Thanks!

Leah 

Hello

Over four years to the day… no further ahead. Christina, or other tech person, can you update us here

PIX4D, yes please can you provide a update on your road map for stock pile reporting? Kind regards. 

Dear all, to answer your many questions, we’ve been working on a Volume comparison tool and it’s coming out very soon (before the end of the year) on Pix4Dbim Cloud. We actually would love to hear your inputs on it. If you’re interested, let me know. Thanks. 

Hello Sabrina, 

A cloud based stock pile reporting tool will NOT help us at all.  99% of our stock piles are underneath roofs, in buildings, and have complex baselines.  Hence, we can not use the cloud due to the lack of ability to manually edit the point cloud, and or use complex base lines and use our local coordinate system (JAD2001).  We need a stock pile reporting tool in the desktop version.   A cloud base stock pile tool/report will be a waste in our opinion. 

1 Like

I agree with Christopher.  I measure stockpiles at 3 different quarries every quarter and I have to edit the point cloud to remove stackers and trees everytime I do the inventory.  I was looking for a process within Pix4DMapper that would just create a PDF report of the volumes that I created.  Right now I have to compute the volume, then take a screen shot, paste it into word for every pile and then print the word document to PDF.  

I think the ideal process would be much like the quality report, after I create all the volumes I would run a process that would generate a nicely formatted PDF report with a picture of the volume and the measurement for each volume with page breaks between each one.  Maybe it could include some fancy detail like the number of points that were used to compute the volume (even though its computed in the DSM)

Hello Pix4D people.

Agree with Chris and Tom. Please dudes, a .pdf would be a great start.

Thanks

1 Like

Yet another thread…

I’ve read many of these feature requests that revolve around the exporting of volumetric data in almost any form (PDF, CSV, SHP, etc.). These requests go as far back as 2015 as I can tell. So please, can you tell us why this hasn’t been addressed? In response to almost every post, a Pix4d team member asks for more information. Asking for more information seems pointless. This seems like a circular way of putting off development. This is obviously something that is wanted by a large swath of customers but Pix4D has been unresponsive.

1 Like

As an EbeeX user with a perpetual Pix4D license, it frustrates me to no end that Sensefly/Pix4D dev team have wholly ignored the past 5 years worth of repeated requests to add something as BASIC as a volumetric report (pdf). PrecisionHawk did this for their outputs and while I don’t have much to say about PH, at least their tools could produce a basic 2 page report; graphic of the pile on page 1 and a table of numbers on page 2. Why is this such a complex, mind bending task for your team to do?

If I’ve missed something and this feature is now available, please let me know.

1 Like

Hey, is there still no Update with regards to the volume Report? Still I can´t find that function. It would safe a lot of time if I could export my volume documentation from Pix4Dmapper directly.

Hi All,

We recently added the Volume Report to PIX4Dsurvey.

After drawing volumes you can export the report in different file formats. Feel free to download PIX4Dsurvey and give it a try.

More information in the Volume measurement article.

Hi Blaz, thanks but how does that help users using Pix4Dmapper?

Sorry to be blunt but this seems like an effort to get people to spend thousends of £ to get a tool that should be easily implmented in Pix4Dmapper.

Till this day we’re still manually copypasting volumes and areas into excel/QGIS etc. and with hundreds of stockpiles this is cumbersome and labour intensive. You’re starting to force people looking around for different software suits, if they have to spend hundreds/thousand £ anyway on another Pix4D software that got the tool that we need.

Please give the community what they want, it’s been asked for for years. It will make our lives a lot easier, and will hold onto your customers.