RTK ACCURACY - which version of PIX4D

hello.
I am flying the phantom 4 rtk drone.

Which version of the program do i need to import me photos with RTK accuracy?

I have 3.0.17 and when importing photos it doesn’t have RTK photos accuracy.

Best Regards
Robert

Hi Robert,

Can you send me 3-5 images of your project?

Best,

Yes sure :blush:

https://filestore.skanska.cz/collect.jsp?w6uAzg0F

Hi Robert,

I had a look at the images and the issue with the image geolocation accuracy was fixed on version 4.6.4 of PIX4Dmapper according to the technical release notes.

What you could do is maybe set for all images a more generic accuracy by selecting the Horizontal accuracy of one image, right-click and select changing the horizontal accuracy of all images.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Hi Nikoleta,
We have pix4d in company.
I dont want to mess with acuuracy.
We have 2 phantom 4 rtk, and we need this type of version(minimum version) which will be ok for RTK photos.
I need your help and direct information. :slight_smile:

Thank you

Hi @robert.mokrus ,

The horizontal accuracy of your images is less than 2cm and the vertical one is around 3cm. I would say you can put safely for the horizontal around 2-3cm and for the vertical aroun 3-4cm.

Best,

Hi Nicoleta, thank you.

But when I import these photos to pix4d I can see the accuracy of 5.00 and 10 … (horizontal and vertical)

I don’t see the accuracy you show me on the screen…

Is it because my pix4d version is too old? Does it matter ?

Do I need a different version to work… with RTK photos?

(I HAVE VERSIONS 3.0.17 of PIX4D )

Hi @robert.mokrus ,

This image that I posted is with our latest version of PIX4Dmapper 4.8.0.
The issue with the image geolocation accuracy (that it was not taken into account) was fixed on version 4.6.4 of PIX4Dmapper according to the technical release notes. So if you would like to use our latest versions you will have to upgrade probably your license.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Ok Nicoleta !
In conclusion :
I need a minimal pix4d version where I can import RTK photos. Please give me (maybe private info - by email) what i should to do. :slight_smile:

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Hi Robert,

I have replied to you on a private message!

Best,

Thanks !! :slight_smile:

I would like to revisit this original post. I am similarly using a Phantom 4 RTK to map an area and processing on version 4.8.0. I mapped a flight area that made a “T” shape, and overlapped 3 different flights at the intersection.

The imagery all appears to align very well, and correlates well to my survey, however, when I export contours there is a 1.5’ elevation difference in each flight (flight 1 contour= 165.0, flight 2 similar contour= 166.5, flight 3 contour 180). I checked contours created from the DSM and the DTM and both had the same issue.

I considered combining the 3 flight areas into 1 project, which would at least make the contours consistent but how can I make sure that my elevations are accurate?

Hi Lance,
Do you mind sharing your quality reports with us? It will help to understand the projects.

Peedee Block 1_report.pdf (1.1 MB)

Mike_K -

Update: It appears that I need to assign a Geiod (for instance EGL 2008 Geiod). I did a test on a project and that appears to get my elevations closer to what they should be (I am hesitant to say they are accurate without checking them in the field). This does not however, explain the differences in elevations in a similar area between projects.

I have attached two different quality reports to reference. The processing area for these quality reports overlap in a common space. The contours in the overlap are generally 1.5’ elevation difference.

I can combine the projects and process as 1 singular area, but I want some confidence that my contours are accurate if I do so.

PeeDee Block 2_report.pdf (2.5 MB)

Some other notes: flight was conducted at 50M flight elevation, 80% front 75% side overlap. Flight was done RTK connected to a fixed base. My export coordinate system is NAD 83. Please let me know your thoughts.

@Mike_K

Hi Lance,
My thoughts are that without GCPs there is no independent method to verify the accuracy of your outputs. So we might never get to a point where you can feel 100% comfortable with the results. However, you might want to enable Accurate Geolocation and Orientation for the calibration method understep 1. Mapper will place more weight on the high accurate positions of the drone when calibrating the camera. Give this a shot and see if the results line up better.