After I have processed a project on the cloud. And try to open it on Pix4D desktop I get “Error: failed to read cameras!”
I have looked everywhere online just haven’t found any explanation to this error. This has happened with 2 different projects I have processed on the cloud and then tried to open on the desktop. This error seems to be related to why I can’t view point cloud on the desktop. I contacted Pix4D support about the issue and they told me to try the following:
- Close the Pix4D project.
- Move all images downloaded from the cloud into one folder.
- In the result folders, navigate to …\project_name\3_dsm_ortho\project_data.
- Delete the folder meditor.
- Open the .p4d file with Pix4D desktop.
- Select the new image path when prompted.
I tried this but I was still unable to view the point cloud on the desktop. Here is a screen shot of what I’m seeing for the first project:
Here is a screen shot of the second project. It is showing an error with the point cloud “Increase density of 3D points”
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.