Pix4D capture Pro and DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral

Hello,

I recently purchased the Mavic 3 Enterprise Multispectral drone and would like to install pix4d capture pro on the smart controller. Is this drone compatible with pix4d Capture Pro? I see that third party apps can be installed on the smart controller using an APK. I also see that the support info says that pix4d capture pro is compatible with the Mavic 3e and Mavic 3T. No mention of the Mavic 3M. I downloaded the capture pro to my Ipad and I don’t see any of the Mavic 3 drones listed in the dropdown.

I’d rather not waste my time if once its installed it doesn’t work. Does anyone have a knowledge on this?
Thanks
Jamie

Hi James,

it is not yet compatible but we are currently working on supporting it. I will let you know in this thread when its ready.

Julius,

Thanks for the update.

Jamie

The app actually doesn’t work on any of the Mavic 3 Enterprise drones. I’ve installed the APK from the Pix website and it just crashes as soon as you try and start a mission. It’s quite frustrating and support still claims that it works

Did you use the app from this page: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/8946194392861-How-to-install-the-app-on-Remote-Controllers-with-ScreensAPK-PIX4Dcapture-Pro

And make sure that DJI Pilot is closed and not running in the background on your Smart Controller ?

Yes, I have followed all the instructions. I have tried this app several times since it was released and it has never worked. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure this out but I think it’s just never worked.

Keith Hollender
FAA Licensed sUAV Pilot

m. (201) 228-0790

e. keith@volantdrone.io

facebook instagram

| Julius Petri Julius_Petri Product Head Agriculture
July 17 |

• | - |

Did you use the app from this page: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/8946194392861-How-to-install-the-app-on-Remote-Controllers-with-ScreensAPK-PIX4Dcapture-Pro

And make sure that DJI Pilot is closed and not running in the background on your Smart Controller ?

Dear @keith2 .

I would like to help you with your issue. We have tested and flown many times the Enterprise drones of DJI, specially the M3E and sometimes the M3T. We are also doing now flying tests with the M3M.

Can I ask you if you are attempting to fly within the USA? It’s because we have a recognised issue from DJI and we are waiting for them to fix it.

Yes, I’m in the USA. One of my clients requires the use of this app to fly automated helix for vertical structure…I’ve been flying them manually but would prefer to use the app.

Is there a link where I can follow to see when it will be available in the USA? Im asking because my client keeps telling me it supported with M3E and it would be nice to show them that’s it’s not compatible in the states

Keith Hollender
FAA Licensed sUAV Pilot

m. (201) 228-0790

e. keith@volantdrone.io

facebook instagram

| Eduardo Paz eduardo.paz
July 17 |

• | - |

Dear @keith2 .

I would like to help you with your issue. We have tested and flown many times the Enterprise drones of DJI, specially the M3E and sometimes the M3T. We are also doing now flying tests with the M3M.

Can I ask you if you are attempting to fly within the USA? It’s because we have a recognised issue from DJI and we are waiting for them to fix it.

DJI SDK Forum

Unable to take off with Mavic 3 Enterprise

In some cases users are unable to take off with the Mavic 3 Enterprise. They have closed DJI Pilot, and in our app we have uploaded a mission, but the drone will not start or even take off using th…

We are following this blocker very closely daily. Unfortunately we never got the reply from DJI about the release date of their new SDK update, but as soon as they update, we will release a new version of the app. Usually DJI is taking a month or two to release a new update, so we are expecting this update to happen any day from now.

Regards.

Thank you. It seems to be an issue with taking off; I found if you are in the air and then open Capture Pro it will execute missions that are planned. Many thanks for the feedback

Does Pix4D app work with this drone by chance? DJI Mavic 3M Multispectral - Volatus Drones
Please help?

1 Like

yes we added support for the M3M, please download the latest version.

1 Like

Jose,

God bless you. Thank you.

Drew