Output coordinate system in geographic coordinates

You can go and change the output coordinate system. Some links: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202558099-Menu-Project-Select-Output-Coordinate-System
https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560029-How-to-select-change-the-Image-GCP-Output-Coordinates-System

hi, ive tried your solution on the rmse. however, it doesnt rlly rely on projection error? coz there are times when the projection error is high the rmse is decrease? so do you have any other solution on how i can analyze the report to reduce the rmse error?

for example this one, the projection error is rlly high but the rmse is decreased from the previous report.
latest sabtu.pdf (1.8 MB)

@workeijas The projection errors are still high as you can see. Also, rolling shutter correction will also help reduce the RMSE given other things are good. I would highly recommend marking the GCPs very accurately, If it cant be marked accurately, leave out and delete that GCP.

no worries, i use the raycloud already, thanks for your help! anyway i have questions regarding dsm and dtm. why does my dtm is clear? i cant see any curves of the road at all. i thought it only clears out trees and buildings right?

this is my dsm

this is my dtm

@workeijas Only the Ground and Road Surface groups are preserved in the DTM. To improve the DTM, all the terrain points should be assigned to one of these point groups. You can have a look here: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202560579-How-to-automatically-generate-a-Digital-Terrain-Model-DTM

thanks! i have another question! why does the coordinate system is in wgs84 (2D)? is there any other way to make it normal?
:sob:

the images become black and white idky :frowning:

I was just reading through this post. I think I understood your question. your orthomosaic will be in color but the DSM will be black/white if you open it up in an image viewer because it is data. you can view the DSM file in Qgis, Global Mapper, or other GIS program. then your orthomosaic will lay down on top of that. if I did not understand the question correctly, then I am sure tech support will respond back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tim replied about the DSM so I will answer about the WGS 84 2D. Search for WGS 84 and go to the bottom of the dropdown:

thank you tim! i will ask more about dtm and dsm!!

everything is in grid? couldnt seem to find wgs84

You dont have to select list, just search here:

ive tried it already but it doesnt appear, but no worries i have found a solution already! :yum: basically i have to change the vertical coordinate in gcp/mtp to geoid, then only the 2D will disappear :joy: thanks for your help!

Hi all,
In the start of this page (on January 2018), someone was writing that he tried to make the output coordinate system to Lat-Lng (WGS84 - EPSG: 4326), and the answer of your team was that it will be treated by Pix4D. So one can assume that until today it will be treated already. but still we do not have any solution and there is not an option of making the output coordinate system to be in Latitude-Longitude.

What should I do?
Your recommendation was to put the output as the GCPs coordinate system…

Hi @tarin,

As my colleagues wrote earlier, it is not possible to export outputs in lat/long. So what you can do is to export them in X,Y, and do the conversion in third-party GIS software, for instance, QGIS.

Regards

@Beata would you have a a link to a procedure to convert these pointclouds in QGIS or any other gis package?

Hi William,

Please understand that we can not investigate further in 3rd party software.
Note that your comment is public in this community. Other Pix4D Community members can help you with your procedure.

Cheers

Hi @Daniele_Lecci

Thanks for your feedback. Somehow I can understand the fact that this is not a the intention to support other software packages. Nevertheless, since 2019 this shortcoming in pix4d has been covered by referring to other gis packages. I think the least you than could do to support your customers could maybe be to refer to some procedure or manual on the net if available?

Looking forward to receiving your feedback.

Kind regards

Hi William,

As Daniele mentioned, unfortunately, we cannot provide support to 3rd party applications.
We leave the case open on our community in case other customers can help.

Kind regards,
Christina