Introduce yourself...

Hi Jeff!

Welcome to the Pix4D Community!
Thank you for your kind words, it’s very flattering!

We are also looking forward for the release of Pix4Dsurvey!

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Hello Wynand, your intro/contribution here is fantastic - Thank you for sharing!
I would love to ‘chat’ with you about your work, especially your use of Pix4D using a LSA as the platform. I have been trawling the Net, looking for any leads/support on the use of LSA’s, rather then drones, for mapping, volumetric survey and plant health and without doubt your work and experiences is the closest that I have come.
I will much appreciate a mail to steve@airserv.co.za in order to capture your own address.
Thanks in anticipation. Cheers,
Steve

1 Like

Hi, Forrester Dobson from Scotland, now living in Pisa, Italy, Mining Engineer and UAV pilot, I use a Mavic 2 zoom and Pro in my day to day activities on mine sites based in Africa, Jordan and Italy, with the support of Pix4d Mapper and Survey. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to Point cloud generation and Mesh, but manage to get bye with what i can create… The files i generate from Pix4d I use in drill and blast software for blast optimization and also mine modeling software, accuracy is within 5cm so I reckon im doing ok… all self taught with respect to Photogrammetry…

3 Likes

Hi Forrester!

Thank you very much for your introduction! It’s always a pleasure to meet our users and read their stories. We’d love to hear more about your Pix4Dmapper + Pix4Dsurvey workflow.

Have a great week!

Rodrigo

Great !!
I am interested in underwater projects.
How 3D mapping can be done under water.
I am currently looking more about ROV & Sonar integration.
Kindly elaborate.

Hello Friends !!
Myself Mahesh M.Ahire.
I am an explorer.
I love Pix4d.
Its very very great tool.
I am in love with Pix4D.
I want to use pix4d for innovative applications.

Regards,

1 Like

Hello Mahesh,

Welcome to our Community!
You can find more info about underwater mapping here: Diving into underwater photogrammetry

Hello everyone.

I am Christopher. I am part of a municipal engineering team in the small town of Hendersonville in Western North Carolina. I have personally worked in construction for over 30 years starting with construction surveying with NCDOT utilizing AutoCAD, Microstation and GEOPak. I transitioned into the design side for many years and am now the construction and inspection manager. We are implementing a drone program and jumped on the ViDoc as soon as we saw one. We are currently developing workflows and getting the ViDocs and drones to doing what they are designed to do. I am hoping to be able to expand the use of the RTK aspect of the ViDoc so that we can take advantage of the accuracy for construction staking and marking as well. If someone is already looking at this please point me in their direction.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’m Giancarlo Patierno from Italy; I’m a BIM Researcher in GC Peasa, a Construction Company based in Aguascalientes (Mexico), with projects spanning from Industrial Facilities to Residential Units all over the Bajío Region and Northern Mexico.

Because we are transitioning from 3D to 4D and 5D, we need a very trustable 3D Model: I suggested to buy Pix4D because I think that it’s a good solution to generate Point Clouds and 3D Meshes from Phantom 4 photogrammetry campaigns, every time the Laser-Scanner precision is not needed. Also we can use the same drone to realize visual inspections on rooftops and other poor accessible places.

Besides using Pix4D, piloting the Phantom 4 drone and working with Leica RTC 360 laser scanner, I offer training and updating courses to my colleagues about BIM workflow and the enterprise standards, and I share with them some software tips during the spare time; I mostly search for new software and BIM standards that can be implemented in the office and sitework, and I offer tech assistance when needed. All this, working in team with my teammates Omar and David.

Maybe one day I will come back to the European Union, but for now I’m really satisfied to be part of GC Peasa. Thanks to the international background, possiamo fare una chiacchierata in Italiano or we can chat in English, o también puedo participar en el forum en Español; je peux lire et comprendre le Français, mais je ne rappelle plus comment on répondre…

Have a nice day !

Hi Giancarlo ,

Thank you for your kind words.
We are currently supporting the visualization of IFC files in our PIX4Dcloud Advanced software to facilitate the work of our users in the Construction sector. In addition, we have recently improved the 2D/3D comparison tool to allow the comparison of different IFC, point clouds, etc. files of the same site generated on different dates.

You can get more information in the following articles:
How to import and visualize an IFC file on PIX4Dcloud Advanced
2D/3D Comparison - PIX4Dcloud Advanced

Have a great week!

Heydi

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am Andrea, I am a Professional Surveyor and Mapper form sunny Florida, USA. I have, I think around 35 years of surveying and mapping experience. Big boundary, topographic, and construction surveys have been my specialty and hopefully aerial mapping will be included. I subcontract now for a local surveyor, doing proposals, calculating construction layout jobs, and processing field data and now aerial mapping. I am a licensed UAV pilot and have extensive experience with robotics, gps, and all the other survey equipment you can think of.
I purchased a drone about 6 months ago and have been immersed in aerial mapping ever since. I primarily have been a Civil3D user, with Trimble being the equipment that I have trained numerous crews how to use. I first started using Pixmapper but have since switched to Pixmatic and survey. Just in the last couple weeks I started trying out Pixcatch, and hoping I can incorporate that into the UAV data. I hope one day to try the ViDoc system.
Have already several projects completed with great results. By using the current workflow I developed we are achieving around 0.10’ (what is that around 3cm?) results. Actually better but I always try to “under promise” and “over deliver” with my clients. I am currently working on a 9 story condo rehab project at Daytona Beach and seeing really great accuracy , believe it or not, .02’ vertically +/- on hard surfaces.
A big shout out to Iain Lopata, with Aerial Metrics, a Pix4D reseller. Has been great to work with and he really knows his stuff.

example of current project, still underway

daytona example.pdf (303.7 KB)

the aerial
daytona aerial.pdf (2.6 MB)