How Necessary is Parrot Sequoia Calibration?

How necessary is taking calibration images when using the Parrot Sequoia?  If it provides a big benefit, where do I get calibration targets to take the images of?

Would this target I have for another camera work?

https://i.imgur.com/VRDDQzk.png

Hello,

Calibration targets provide the absolute value for reflectance which can be compared to maps from any cameras. If you are not using a target you will get a relative value which can be compared to maps generated from the same camera.

Parrot sequoia+ does not need targets as they are factory calibrated.

I looked at your target. For targets to be used you will need to know the reflectance factor of each surface of your target (it looks like there are 4 materials) and you will be able to use only one surface.

Let me know if it is not clear. Thanks :slight_smile:

I am using the IOS app. I am having an image capture issue with my parrot bluegrass sequoia sensor. I am using pix4d capture to load the mission. Overlap front and side are set to 80% and speed is set to fast. During the mission, the app shows that the camera is taking images however when the mission is complete several images are missing. The missing images follow the path of the fight plan and sometimes several images in a couple of flight lines are missing. Any idea why it’s happening.

Hello @gsvw99, The behavior you are describing can’t be replicated on our side. However, I would recommend you look at our basic checks and troubleshooting article.

From it, to ensure that it is not a drone or camera defect, I would especially focus on:

• Make sure that the SD card is functioning.
  • The drone’s camera and compass are calibrated.
  • No flight setting conflicts with the mission, including maximum altitude, beginner mode, geofences, etc.
  • Basic features are working properly:
    • Manual takeoff and flying.
    • Live video feed of the camera.
    • Manual picture triggering.