Garbage dump volume DJI Inspire1

Hi, 

This is my first project and post here and i’m a newbie to PIX4D so I need some help :D 

I would like to try using PIX4D for volume calculation of a garbage dump in my hometown.

The drone I am using is an Inspire1. 

The area is 320X380m and to do it in one flight we have to fly at 50m. Is this ok to get accurate enough 3d model for volume calculation? 

Also about the GCPs. I am wondering how many and where to place them. I was thinking 5 GCPs should be enough. Does someone have any advice about this? Where to put them, how to mark them etc.

Can I do this job with a trial version just to get a feel of the workflow before I buy the license?

Doru

The area is 320X380m and to do it in one flight we have to fly at 50m. Is this ok to get accurate enough 3d model for volume calculation?

50M Will be fine, I’m usually at 50-60M. This should be sufficient for what you’re looking for

Also about the GCPs. I am wondering how many and where to place them. I was thinking 5 GCPs should be enough. Does someone have any advice about this? Where to put them, how to mark them etc

I would put 4 on the outside corners surrounding the area you want to fly and then put on in the middle of the project. I would mark them with a GPS (RTK) Rover, If you don’t have one you will have to have a surveyor mark them for you and give you the X,Y,Z point information.