Feature Request - Add GCP´S to Pix4Dfields

Hola considero que seria útil que el sistema al momento de procesar el ortomosaico permita correcciones espaciales o puntos de control, en especial si el mismo sistema ofrece una representación DSM para uso agrícola. La nivelación del suelo es un factor importante y si no existe una forma de validarla con la realidad, no tiene mucho sentido la capa DSM.

Entiendo que actualmente la única forma posible sea realizar el ortomosaico con otro software que si admita GCP´s y luego importarlo con fields, o bien, realizar la captura de datos con drones asistidos por gps ajustados con RTK… ambas soluciones no son económicas .

En la practica, es habitual solicitar un servicio de agrimensura para estos casos (determinar GCP), pero indefectiblemente hay que pasar por otro software (p4d mapper x ejemplo) para que fields tome datos certeros.

Es cierto que Pix4Dfields no esta formulado para realizar mediciones de precisión pero las pendientes de escurrimiento es un factor esencial para el campo.

Saludos

Estimado Gonzalo,

Bienvenido a la comunidad y gracias por compartir esta información con nosotros. Hemos informado a nuestro equipo sobre este requerimiento y vamos a estar constantemente monitoreando los requerimientos que nuestros usuarios sugieran en la comunidad. Por el momento, como menciona no es posible añadir GCPs en Pix4Dfields.

I am just adding a note in English for our other users:
Gonzalo is suggesting adding GCPs to Pix4Dfields if this is a feature that you would like to have in our application, you can add your comments and vote.

Regards,

GCP support is a feature I too would love to see added to Pix4Dfileds. I would use Fields a lot more, especially with the recent updates in 1.9. This software is getting better all the time!

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this feedback on our product. I am passing it on to the team. Can you please let me know how GCPs would help you on your projects?
This information is very important for us to develop the product, as help us to understand better your needs.

Sincerely,

Hi Fernanda,

Thank you for responding! GCPs are important for getting the maps placed correctly on the earth so we can make more precise prescriptions that aren’t potentially off by 5-20 feet. Also, when making monthly flights of university research plots, it is critical to have the maps from each flight line up with each other.

Right now we have to export a Geo TIFF into ArcGIS Pro and use the Geoprocessing tool to move the image in place when using P4Dfields. We collect GCPs anyway, so it would be very useful to have that support in P4Dfields.

Thank you,

Drew

1 Like

Thanks, Drew for the detailed explanation. I passed the information to the team, so we can evaluate this request.

Have a good day