External GNSS Antenna

Does Pix4Dcatch work with external GNSS antennas that overwrite the device location? If so, does it use the accuracy information provided?

Hi Kilian
Thanks for your question. I am the product manager for Pix4Dcatch, and I find this request really interesting for our product. I’d be glad to have a chat with you about it. I’ve sent you a private message to continue our conversation.

Thanks and best regards
Amritha

Hi,

I want to know more about this topic. I purchased an external gps for iphone. Will it work?

Hello everyone!

Currently, this will not work.
We are interested in the topic and we are looking into possible solutions

Thank you for your comments and feedback

Also interested in this, we already have EOS Arrow units in our kits. They can easily attatch the cable to a smaller antenna mounted to the case like vidoc, just put the arrow receiver unit on your belt. The antenna offset could be manually input based on what user selected setup. Doesn’t feel like this would be a large stretch to make work unless its a vidoc agreement that doesn’t allow it.

Hi @Jason_Young ,

Thank you for your interest in this thread.
As mentioned above by my colleague Christina, we are interested in this topic development, but we only support viDoc at this moment.

How do you imagine the setup to look like? Have the receiver on your belt connected with a cable with the antenna attached to the back of the phone? I imagine the antenna must be attached in a way to have a fixed offset.
How will the communication between the phone (PIX4Dcatch) and the EOS Arrow be?

Cheers,
Daniele