Correct altitude in computed mesh obj-file ?

Hello,
Is it possible to generate the mesh obj-file with the correct altitude? Now we have a problem where we cant provide a computed mesh from a quarry, to our customer who uses Context capture software in their own analysis! They need the correct altitude to inspect the level of the quarry, and they don’t want to use the offset value to do this? The correct x- and y-coordinates aren’t necessary just the z-value. So would it be possible to implement the right z-value before generating or after with another software perhaps? Tried already with cloudcompare but it didn’t generate a good mesh!
Hoping that somebody understood what i tried to explain (= !

Best regards
Markus Paananen

Hi @mittauspalvelut,
The triangulated textured mesh does not contain geolocation. However it can be added using the file:
project_name\1_initial\params\project_name_offset.xyz
As mentioned in this article:

Unfortunately there is no way to get the altitude attached to the mesh.
The only solution I see would be to use the georeferenced mesh:
.osgb and .slpk

Hope this will help,
Best

Hello Marco,
Thank you very much for your reply. The osgb-mesh could work, but however I can`t find the osgb or the slpk alternative in the output checkbox? The only altenatives I can choose for the textured mesh is obj, fbx, dxf, ply and pdf ?

Best regards
Markus Paananen

Hi @mittauspalvelut,

You can generated this output by right clicking on the mesh in the rayCloud view and choose: Export Mesh:

Hope this will help.
Best

Hello Marco,
Ok, thanks for the instructions.

Best regards
Markus Paananen

My image input coordinates and output coordinates are set. My point clouds, dsm and ortho images plot correctly, but my textured mesh plots in a arbitrary coordinates system?

Hi @cornekoegelenberg,

The triangulated textured mesh does not contain geolocation. However it can be added using the file:
project_name\1_initial\params\project_name_offset.xyz
As mentioned in this article: How to visualize the 3D textured mesh with georeference.

Regards,

Thank you very much Kapil,

Boom - Problem solved!

Kind regards,
Corné