Checkpoints

On the Quality report, above the Checkpoint table, it says “5 of 87 check points have been labeled as inaccurate”.

Is there a quick way to identify which 5? I have searched the knowledge base, and can’t seem to find an answer.

Normally, the inaccurate checkpoints will be marked in red in the “Verified/Marked” column. I created some fake checkpoints in a project and made one inaccurate by misclicking in the images and by modifying the coordinates, which marked it in red and said “1 out of 3 check points have been labeled as inaccurate”, see: 

Cheers!
Pierangelo

Hello, I have similar problem as Jocelyn but I can’t find inaccurate checkpoints like you said.
In column Verified/Marked there isn’t anything matked in red. I uploaded picture so you can see.
However, there is something marked red in Absolute Geolocation Variance table, Geolocation error Z.

!

Hi Stipe.
Thanks for your interest in Pix4D. The information in the Absolute Geolocation Variance table of a Pix4D quality report, relates to the number of geolocated and calibrated images that have been labeled as inaccurate. The table displays the percentage of geolocated and calibrated images with a geolocation error in X,Y,Z within a predefined error interval. There are ten predefined intervals between -1.5 and 1.5 times the maximum accuracy
This table also evaluates the quality of the image geolocation. A high percentage of images with a high error may indicate:

Noise in the GPS device.
Poor synchronization between the GPS device and the camera.
Errors in the geotagging process.

These values are NOT relate to project accuracy like checkpoints. We offer a short article , Difference between a ground control point and a checkpoint. Keep in mind that Data referenced in the Absolute Geolocation Variance table only refers to the GPS values recorded by the drone while in flight and is not directly related to either project Ground Control Point or Checkpoint accuracies.

I hope this helps with any confusion.
Regards,
Aaron Woods

Aaron thank you for your response.

I still don’t know which point in table has been labeled as inaccurate. If you open the picture I put in last post you can see on the top: “1 out of 34 check points have been labeled as inaccurate.”
My question was how can I identify which point is inaccurate?
In the beggining of this disscusion pierangelo said “inaccurate checkpoints will be marked in red in the “Verified/Marked” column” but that is not accurate in mine case.

Regards

I would say your check point 20 is the inaccurate one. It has 0.64m error in z-value

I was thinking the same but I wanted to be sure.
Thank you for respond.

Hello,
are all checkpoints included in the table? I count to 33 check points which would mean that the one inaccurate point is not in the table.
Regards