My GPU: AMD Radeon R7 200
Windows7 64bit

Ram:16 GB

Can my GPU working on Pix4D Desktop?

Now,I can’t process by use my GPU.

Can I fix it?

Thank you

Hello,

Pix4D software takes advantages of CUDA processing. The minimum requirements for CUDA speed up:
Nvidia GPU (GTX, Mobile, Tesla, Titan, Quadro) with at least 2GB RAM, supporting CUDA 6.5 with the latest driver installed

If a GPU with CUDA support is automatically detected, it will be automatically used for processing.

Best Regards, 

1 Like

Thank you sir. :slight_smile:

You should definetly support AMD; Vega and high end RX or Firepro are the new standard and users are migrating to other photogrammetry software due to this. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Enrique,

Pix4D supports all of the standard graphics cards in the market although the recommendation is Nvidia as it makes use of the CUDA technology.

Regards.

Hi Daniel,

cant you try supporting VUDA, Vulkan or OpenCL so that all hardware is supported ? because currently you are throwing us to the sharks having us stuck with Nvidia’s Overpriced cards and monopolistic tactics

please consider an open source acceleration system

https://github.com/jgbit/vuda

Thank you 

Hello Hassan,

We only support CUDA for now because these are the most popular GPUs on the market.

We may consider broader support in the future.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Regards.

Dear Pix4D Mapper Dev. Team:

One question: have you experimented problems when trying to calculate volumen when using a Radeon 530 GPU? Currently I have installed the latest version of Windows (ver 2004 06/06/2020).

Many thanks in advance…

Hi @furena,

What is the problem exactly? Did you receive an error during the processing?

Could you send us the .log file of your project so we can analyse the issue?

For your information, we don’t use the processing power of the graphics card to compute the volume.

If it’s a display issue, ensure that the card has been updated as well.

Thanks

were there any answers to this question? I am running a radeon and my large volumes will not calculate.

Hi @tclark ,

May I ask which version of PIX4Dmapper are you using?

Best,

4.7.5 on windows 11. I have one drive deactivated.

Hi tclark,
Can you ensure your GPU driver is up to date.

It is. 22.3.2 adrenaline

Hi there. Currently only Nvidia GPUs support hardware acceleration. AMD is currently not able to be utilized for speeding up processing.

Hi there,

AMD have recently released HIP SDK which would allow for CUDA processing with AMD GPU’s. WIll Pix4D support this?

Hi bacon,
This is a good question and untested. We recommend NVIDIA due to the CUDA technology. However, this might work too. Please keep us posted.

Hi Mike_K,

I’m running a R9 5950 and a 7900 XTX, 128gb DDR4 and a Gen 4 NVMe. Currently processing on Pix4Dmatic on the trial licence.

Do you have a data sample set I could process with/without hardware acceleration for a basis of comparison?

You can try one of these datasets.

Hi ze_bacon,

Have you tried it yet? What’s the results?

Thanks!