Camera ID not found when Merging Multi-spectral Projects

Aircraft: DJI P4 Multispectral (Red, Green, Blue, NIR, Red Edge used)

After adding 4 separate multi spectral projects into Pix4d to be merged together, the program becomes unresponsive and I am given an error message saying that the Inputs failed to merge because the Camera ID 18446744073709551615 was not found. Warning w0008.
I have completed the initial processing for each sub-project prior to attempting to merge. How can I solve this issue?

Hi Andrew,

Can you attach the logfile? What were the steps you followed for merging? You can find the steps for merging multispectral projects here: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038663932-Merging-multispectral-projects-in-Pix4Dmapper

For each of the sub-projects, I added at least 3 MTPs in each band before creating the merger project. The log file is attached.

FU_merge_msp.log (16.2 KB)

Andrew, Can you make sure you are sending us the correct logfile as the error doesnt show up in the one you sent me. You can make a google drive folder and send us the following: logfiles, p4d files and quality report of each project as well as the correct logfile for the merged project after you got this error.

Because of the error, no p4d file is produced for the merger project. I have tried to attach the correct log file for the merger but I do not think that it even shows the error. Either way, I have attached screenshots of the new project creation and the error message. I am having the same issue with another set of projects using the same camera.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HUmNt83wAtTQIHgyRg514ZSqJRSZTqLh?usp=sharing

Hi Andrew, Thank you for the very detailed file sharing. What I see from the log files is the camera ID is for the RGB sensor in the camera. There are two things you can try:

1. Open the p4d file with any editor and remove the line consisting of that camera from the rig. After making the change save the file. Do that for every sub-project and try merging again

1. Process the RGB images along with the multispectral images for each sub-project and then merge

Let me know how it goes.

When you say we need to remove the line consisting of that camera from the rig, as shown in your picture should I remove only the part that is within the red box? Or do you mean to delete things that continue on that same line?

Also for your second option of things to try, how would I go about processing the RGB images along with the multispectral images? Would that require me to create a new project that has all of the RGB and multispectral images? Or is there an option inside of the already completed multispectral project to add in more images?

Hello @kalaiellis, You have to delete the complete line not just the one inside the red box. You can try to see if that works as Momtanu suggested.
When you process the RGB and multispectral images, you can create two separate projects and then merged the project. For more information visit, How to merge projects.

Thank you Kapil. I will try what you suggested, hopefully it works!