[Android] Beta release 2.0.8

Glad it worked Andrew. I’ve been using Drone Deploy IOS as well. It is superb, and works with Inspire Pro. The ability to break up missions to change battery is essential I’d say.

Andrew, I fully agree…  It is a HUG plus to continue the mission after replacing a battery.  Pix folks, might be beneficial to put this into the works :slight_smile:

Working on it :wink:

Does pix4d use the relative altitude in the exif from the phantom or the inspire? Or will we see the huge differences in reconstruction that is common using the inspire and phantom with other mapping software?

The p4d file created in Capture uses an approximate GPS altitude (based on the GPS of the phone). Unfortunately, that is not yet completely stable for the P3/I1, so that will come with the integration of SDK3 (working on that, too ;-)).

Best!

Hello,

@John

this morning with my partner, we tested the procedure John .

It was a P3 Pro and Samsung s4 . Mission 1 hec / 70 % / 90 cam / 30 meters

Mission accomplished successfully

thank you to the developers

thank you for john

Hello friends, I wanted to ask your help, I have tried all ways and repeated times, including performing the steps of @JONH, but I can not use the Grid mission in the Capture  app, free fligth mission works perfect, but in the grid mission mode failed to pass “GROUND STATION CONNECTION FAILED”, please help me I need urgently,  my current configuration it is:

• P3A FW v.1.6.0.40
  • Remote control FW 1.5.70
  • Capture App 2.0.8
  • DJI Go 2.4.3
  • Samsung Note 3 Android 5.0 Lollipop

Ayon,

Is your Wifi turned on?  It appears its on and connected to something.  Did you try cutting Wifi off?  Also make sure DJI Go app is not running either.

Galaxy,

I know we haven’t even perfected the Phantom 3 yet but I got to ask if there are plans to add the Phantom 4?

I just tested pix4d with the Matrice 100 and it worked great. It would be nice if it recognized the craft as the matrice 100 rather than the Inspire 1. Below are the issues I found. 

1. I could not save and share missions with my other devices or export as KML to share with customers

2. I could not control side lap. I have no idea what the stock setting is in pix4d

3. I could not pick camera setting such as shutter priority or auto exposure for different lighting conditions. 

4. No where in the app does it say camera settings such as iso, shutter speed and so forth while flying

5. There is no zen use x5 support for inspire 1 and matrice 100

6. I could not do a big mission with 2 batteries to land switch out batteries and continue

And I could not enter a custom altitude like 45m

Why are the mapping areas so small. This has been a problem since the first beta and has yet to see a fix

How come we can’t see our radio link connection telemetry

I’ve never had a problem with connecting to and using the Capture app however they are so far behind other apps now that I’ve just about given up on it. Most of the sites I fly, I need to fly 3 or 4 times during various stages that are several months apart, there is no way to fly the same exact flight lines with Capture. Drone Deploy, Litchi, and Ultimate Flight all let me do this. Litchi and Ultimate Flight are really not mapping apps but can be used that way by setting pictures at 2 or 3 seconds and some planning based on altitude,overlap,and speed, see pic. Litchi has a nice online planner that when I save a mission it automatically syncs it across all my devices. Ultimate Flight lets you import background maps and kml flight plans and csv flight plans. Both give you camera controls, radio link, battery status, and telemetry. Screenshot from Litchi and Ultimate Flight, I really hope the next version of Capture takes a very big leap forward.

I would agree with Mike. Compared to other apps out there, capture is a waste of time.

Have pix4d waiting for an app where you can set the camera . Even that one can save the route would be good . Measure the area 5-8 times a year . When I watch agricultural crops , so it is good to fly the same route .

Update just released…   looking forward to seeing how it works!!!

Doesn’t seem to have any new features but I guess if it fixes the connection issues some people were having it’s a step in the right direction.

New update did NOT fix my connection issues with my GS6 Edge nor LG G-Pad 8.3x.  I have tried both 1.5 and 1.6 FW’s. 

Edit: With the 2.1.1 update, my P3P is now able to connect to my GS6 Edge!  

Today’s update version 2.1.1 worked almost flawlessly with my GS6 Edge and the Inspire 1. It connected, took off and started the mission great… However the camera while set at 90 degrees down did not point down correctly. it was more like 60 degrees. I tried it a second time and it was flawless mission…