[Android] Beta release 2.0.8

Hi again Jonas,

Well, I took a chance and upgraded my P3P to FW 1.5 and my Capture app to 2.08.  Good news - Capture is talking to the drone!  So I’m all set for our field expedition now.  Thanks for your advice.

Jeff

@Jeffrey: I am happy to read that ;-). Then don’t upgrade anything anymore before the end of the expedition!

@Keenan:

I could get a galaxy S6, and it doesn’t connect at all. I tried compiling with the target api set to 19 and 17, and it still doesn’t connect =/. I don’t get any feedback from the SDK. It just doesn’t seem to do anything =(.

Working on it…

@Jonas

Bummer. Well maybe its time to find out what does work with the Galaxy S6. Can you get the DJI Mobile SDK samples to work on the Galaxy S6? If so, then the problem is probably in the Capture App code. If it doesn’t work then its probably the SDK.

What I do know is that things worked fine in 2.0.4, they stopped after that on the S6. I assume you are using some sort of code repository, I would look at the differences on what was changed.  No matter how small. One thing that popped in my mind is, could this be a race condition? Some folks have talked about race conditions being an issue with connecting to the drone on the DJI Dev forums.

This one is real puzzling.

Hi, I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with android 4.4.2 and capture 2.0.8, I’m still unable to upload the mission to my Phantom 3 Pro FW 1.05.0030, and I’m getting this message: “Could not fetch media list from the drone! Try to restart it…”, unplugging the cable, killing and restarting the app, doesn’t work

@ Jonas

I tested the new verson of the app and when I process the project the focal lengths are red in the quality report at 99%.  Also sometimes I have to toggle from P to F mode to start a mission.

Will this app work with the matrice N1 FC and the X3 camera gimbal is I select the inspire as the craft I am using?

Hi everyone, I just got my new P3P and tried to fly the past 2 days with the latest DJI FW, and capture v2.0.8 but no luck. Got it to connect and show clear on all checks, even battery. When told to take off and begin mission, I manually lift it above 3 meters from ground but it just sat there hovering. I tryed that more that 5 times, same issue every time… any suggestions? I would apriciate that. I’m using Samsung S5 v5.0 

Hello all, I have similiar problem with “manolis Paragios”. I have P3A ,latest FW and v2.0.8 app. Tried switching F-MODE to P-MODE and again F-MODE in the air didn’t helped. Using HTC M8. A week later I’ll try it with Nvidia Shield. I don’t know if it makes difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Is anyone using FW 1.06.0040 ? It includes a smart battery update for flying in colder weather. I really want to update because the weather is getting colder where I’m at but I also have several flights coming up and can’t afford the Capture app not working with this FW.

firmware 1.06.0040. capture app 2.08 sony xperia z5 tablet, checked that DJI App is NOT running in background.

* same problem here as manolis paragios. but - sometimes it works. most of the times it just hovering and not starting with the flight.

* i also see often that after clicking on “grid mission” the map opens, but instantly closes again taking me back to the introduction screen of the app. 

* after several tries i got it working twice and it flew a full course without problem, but an hour again i have the problems above.

not sure if that is related to 1.06.0040 or if anyone else is also still discovering problems with 1.05

best, thomas

@Javier

Format your SD card with DJI Go and try again.

@Manolis

Try this:

1.Ensure DJI Go app is stopped and you are in ‘P’ mode.
2.Start Capture app and define your grid mission.
3.Start your UAV and let it hover (still in ‘P’ mode).
4.Click ‘Start’ button and so on till you see the checklist.
5.Switch to ‘F’ mode.
6.Wait for uploading the flight data.
7.A few seconds later, it should be able to take off.

@Yucheng

Are you using firmware 1.06.0040 ?

My configuration:
-P3A (v1.4.0010)
-Pix4D Capture 2.0.5 on Android 4.3.1
-DJI Go on on Android 5.0

@Mike
If I had to conduct a survey in cold weather, I would put the battery in my pocket to keep it warm.

i use p3p with firmware v1.5.0030 app v2.0.8 

galaxy note 4 3g fw 5.1.1

how i do missions is 

step one i put the drone in the air 10m high in p mode

step two close dji go app “make sure its not running in the background” and open the capture app

step three setup my grid and start the mission wait for the checklist then switch to f mode

now i have the start button enabled and everything good to go did 6 missions like that no glitches

Gents…

Inspire 1 V2.0

FW v.1.6.0.40

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (Android 5.1.1)

Capture App 2.0.8

DJI Go 2.4.3

Anyone have an update on the Inspire 1 not connecting to the Capture app?  I am getting the following error:

“Please switch on the drone’s wifi range extender and camera.  Wait 10 seconds.  If that does not work press Wi-fi Settings to connect manually”

I tried the previous two solutions (@Yucheng & @Hassan) and no go.  I will try the “time lapse” workaround using the DJI Go app in the am but I would like to primarily use the Capture App.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

Johnny

@John

Met similar situation before. Try this:
1.Switch off your drone and RC, wait 10 seconds.
2.Restart your cellphone at the same time.
3.Switch on your RC, then drone.
4.Connect cellphone to RC.
5.Start the ‘Capture’.

I also recommend installing ‘DJI Go’ and ‘Capture’ separately.

yucheng: what you mean with “installing dji go and capture separately”? not on the same device?

for me it’s a 50/50 chance now. can live with it. it definitely has nothing to do with DJI Go running in background, as it also occured after i completely deinstalled dji go. 

but more towards 100% would be of course nive for Capture to pick up my drone :-) 

@Thomas

Yes. I installed them on different cellphones to save time & trouble. I get used to calibrate the compass in every new flight location.

Since the root cause remains unclear, I tend to shorten suspect list as much as I could.

@Yucheng

Thanks for the help but no go…  I did install another capture app from a different vendor and the bird did connect with that program.  I’ll keep an eye out for Pix4d to release a remedy and I will keep trying.

Thanks guys,

Johnny