I started processing on a new dataset on Saturday morning, and it’s still on sub-step 2/11 (classifying points) 56 hours later.
- 500 images
- Image resolution (4608 x 3456)
- Image size: (about 6.5mb per picture, 3.2GB total)
- All images geo-referenced (DJI Zenmuse X5)
Processing options used:
- Pointcloud Densification: Original image size, multiscale, high point density, 3 min matches)
- Pointcloud Classification checked on.
- 3D textured mesh settings: High resolution.
- 12 MTPs
Our processing rig specs:
- CPU: i9 7920x @ 3.8ghz
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB @ 3200mhz
- GPU: EVGA 1080ti
- SSD: Samsung 960 PRO 1TB
This processing time is quite worrying. We built this rig specifically to tackle pix4d processing, and we expected this data-set to be done in at most 24 hours.