Pix4D Mapper : Implementation of OSTN15/OSGM15

Hi there,

Do you have a rough idea when Pix4D will fully support OSTN15 / OSGM15 for the UK?

OSGB36 is not good enough, when dealing with RTK or PPK quality images.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @mja,

Have you checked this community post regarding the workaround on how to use horizontal grid corrections and transformation in Pix4Dmapper ? Have in mind that Pix4Dmatic supports the most common horizontal grid corrections and transformations.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Hi Nikoleta,

This is essentially the dodge round I use for our P4R.

But given the UK’s national mapping system is OSTN15 / OSTN15 I feel that its implementation is important rather than a work around which is a bit faffy.

Regards

Hi @mja,

For now this is the only workaround we have. Are the results satisfying?
You could also use PIX4Dmatic which supports the OSGB 1936 / British National Grid - EPSG:27700.

Here is also a guide on How to vote for your favorite Pix4Dmapper feature requests/suggestions. You can create a new topic and vote for it. This way it will be registered as a feature request and it can get upvoted from other users as well.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Best,

Hi Nikoleta,

I will create the new topic and vote for the national mapping system of the United Kingdom.

1 Like

Just wondering, is this still an issue or has this been rectified? Currently evaluating Pix4D over Metashape, and advice would be great.

Hi @owen.howells

You could also use PIX4Dmatic, which supports the following vertical coordinate reference system with the geoid OSGM15:

Belfast height - EPSG:5732
Douglas height - EPSG:5750
Lerwick height - EPSG:5742
Malin Head height - EPSG:5731
ODN (Offshore) height - EPSG:7707
ODN height - EPSG:5701
ODN Orkney height - EPSG:5740
St. Marys height - EPSG:5749
Stornoway height - EPSG:5746

For more information, please refer to

I hope this information helps you.

Have a very nice day!