Pix4D catch on Nautiz X6

Hi guys,

From the FAQ, I understand Pix4D Catch runs on Android 9 and above, and must be compatible with ARCore.

I have a Nautiz X6 handheld phone with the RTK antenna option and was hoping it would work with Pix4D catch and Pix4DMapper…
Nope…
Actually, I can’t even install Pix4D catch on it, it says “Pix4D Catch app will not work on your phone”…
Nautiz X6 is running android 11 and the phone doesn’t seems to be specially low specs ? Any idea why it does not work ?
Would Pix4D Catch install on the newer Nautiz X81 (with android 12) ?

Main question now…

Would Pix4D Catch/Mapper be able to benefit from the RTK accuracy of any phone with RTK capabilities or will it only work with the viDoc back “rover”

What are your thoughts (@Pix4D techs?) Should this works and replace viDoc for example ?
Thanks a lot for your help and Kind regards,

Nicolas

Hello Nicolas,

Welcome to the community!

From the FAQ, I understand Pix4D Catch runs on Android 9 and above, and must be compatible with ARCore.

Yes, but unfortunately, the Algiz devices are not ARCore compatible.

Nautiz X6 is running android 11 and the phone doesn’t seems to be specially low specs ? Any idea why it does not work ?
Would Pix4D Catch install on the newer Nautiz X81 (with android 12) ?

The operating system is just one aspect, not having ARCore compatibility is the blocker here.

Would Pix4D Catch/Mapper be able to benefit from the RTK accuracy of any phone with RTK capabilities or will it only work with the viDoc back “rover”

What are your thoughts (@Pix4D techs?) Should this works and replace viDoc for example ?

Currently, the viDoc RTK rover is the only way to achieve RTK accuracy using the PIX4Dcatch on a mobile device. We are interested to see what the future brings, and will implement whatever we can that can provide improvements to our app.

Regards,
Jon